Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: PHOBIAS! What R U SCARED of??  (Read 61922 times)

Offline Berta

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • Much to young to feel this dam old, Garth Brooks
Re: PHOBIAS! What R U SCARED of??
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 01:23:51 AM »
I'm glad it's over as well, was in that rotten chair for just about an hour, had 3 (or was it 4) lots of injections and it still hurt, so in the end had to decide wether to just let him pull it in one big heave, or to leave it loosened and take antibiotics for a week. The infection stops the pain killer working right. Seeing as we had made a start, and figuring that once I got out of the chair, it's going to be a while before I'm getting it together enough to go back, I made him promise that if he was going to pull it he would be real quick, and out it came.

The dentist phobia has not gone down any after this visit, but at least the jaw got a couple of weeks to settle down before we go on vacation. The injections are just starting to wear off, so I'm off to take some pain pills
6th Dec 2007 arthoscropy, major debridement and meniscus trimmed
Jan 08 2008 Arthritis grade 2/3 told to wait until TKR needed.
August 2010 Left knee arthroscopy

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 08:57:17 PM »
From a bad experience when I was a Child at the Dentist when I had my tooth pulled out that had decay. I hated it when they put me under with sleeping gas it made me scarred of Dentists throughout my childhood but as I grow older they gave me local anesthetic when extracting a tooth or doing a filling. They not so bad after all and will have a overcrowded tooth removed next month that no longer bother me.

I still hate the idea of having a general anesthetic if I ever need to have one as I hate Hospitals and the thought of any Surgery would scare me a lot.

Nick :) {2007} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline friendsfan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • smile!
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 11:21:10 AM »
Im scared of cotton wool, cordroy, and people putting their finger in their belly button, All these things can make me sick   
5-3-07 injured knee-no ROM
2-5-07 LK scope + MUA
26-6-08-LK TTT and scope
10-12-08-LK MUA
12-6-09-RK scope
26-8-09 RK TTT

Offline DeborahinNC

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 03:21:53 AM »
very good thread

Mine are pretty common.  Spiders and most bug well really any bug that flies, crawls, walks etc.   OK so all bugs.  Butterflies are ok and so are lady bugs - go figure.   But I love snakes and reptiles.  Also, scared of my dentist and he's a really nice guy who deals well with my terror of him and my hate of his profession. 

Fun to see we all have fears - makes us really normal I think.

Be well all,
Deborah

Denny - sorry about your tooth, especially because it required a visit to one of  THEM!!!

trainwreck

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 03:37:45 AM »
i am terrified of interns and orthos.  and i might add it is very justified.

coolmum

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2007, 05:30:36 AM »
I hate hearing anything scraping on the built-up ice in the freezer!  Makes my teeth feel weird!

Offline missmyknee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 20
  • From the Land of OZ
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2007, 03:27:38 AM »
       >:( scar tissue >:(  scar tissue  >:( scar tissue >:(  scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue  >:( scar tissue

Pam
4Fx Clsd red
IMrod fib plate
derotate osteotmy tibfib
AF
IPCS patbaja
DeLeeOsteotmy,LOA,LR Zplasty,bongrf,chondrplty
chondrplty,LOA,fatpad remvd
TKR
openLOA,neurectmy,ITB Zplasty,fabela
PLC recon,revison,LOA,synovec
MCL,revison LOA
openLOA,prox Zplasty
openLOA, 6 neuromas excised,synov
3 Fusions

dileigh

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2008, 09:49:38 PM »
My biggest fear is being trapped in something burning , like a house or car.

Other than that, any bugs, spiders, whatever on me.  I can deal unless I can feel all those legs! yuk :-[

Diana

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2008, 11:25:11 PM »
 :oBIRDS!! :o

not exactly sure why, but i HATE birds!  can't stand being around them and they scare me the most when they fly right above me!
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

Offline MartinsGirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Live, love, laugh!!! Life is amazing!!
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2008, 09:42:08 PM »
-Spiders
-Losing a loved one
-being mauled by a bear or eaten by a shark
-balconies that are high up (I get vertigo)
-July '07-soccer injury
- microfracture of the tibial plateau
- arthroscopy in Oct. '07 (remove torn cartilage and repair microfracture)
-developed AF but beat it (avoided surgery)
[img width=200 height=136]http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/504/504056crsfyif

Offline daisygirl2

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2008, 01:54:27 AM »
ummm ok mine are WEIRD and I MEAN WEIRD...since....well...just let me explain.

1: for some WEIRD reason I'm DEATHLY afriad of mental asylums.  And I'm not quite sure why...since i have never been to one...sure I've passed by them....and was never really terrifed of them until i helped a friend on her film project involving an abandoned aslyum....

2. Olive Loaf......yuck yuck yuck....I can't even go near it in the store the only worse then OLIVE LOAF is PIMENTO LOAF!!! EWWWWWWWWW who in their right mind WANTS GREEN AND RED OLIVES in their HAM!!! I get the willies whenever my brother in law eats it....ick......

3. MRI machines....I always manged to get stuck in them  :P

kiddthekatt

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2008, 02:08:48 PM »
Hi;
  I think I fear the unknown more than anything. Not sure why, but it really disturbs me.

Angel

Offline lady

• Forum Faithful
  • live well laugh often love much and play hard
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 09:05:45 PM »
This ones confusing. I like to be tough and try to be tough. I did fear factor live at universal and had 6 scorpians on my head ( I don't mind bugs). It was nerve racking but I loved that I did it and went on and on how fear is not a factor for me. BUT.... I was a big wuss when it came to the roller coasters with the special effects like the fire shooting out at you. I could feel the heat and hated it. My husband who is a lieut on the fire dept.  thought that was a hoot. And kept reminding me fear is a factor when I tried to chicken out on the Mummy ride, which of course I then had to do becuase I do let peer preasure get the best of me (even at 37). lol.

dislocated patella and chopped off most of chondal 1985
chondroplasty/medial meniscus repair 1996
ACI  quater size defect-surgery failure
lateral meniscus repair2002
chondroplasty, lateral Meniscectomy2006
synvisc & orthovisc injections 2008/2009
drained and cortizone injection 2008

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 10:57:49 PM »
bugs (all kinds), germs,
not being able to escape from something/someplace, this is the worst fear I have.  It's so bad that it applies sometimes braces and casts too.  Braces are fine because I can take them off, but If I wear them too long I have problems.  When I broke my ankle, I was having such bad panic attacks from the cast, that my OS took it off and put me in a walking boot. 

I also used to be afraid of the dark and the basement, but I kind of gotten over these since getting into paranormal investigations.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline kathat

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2008, 01:31:12 AM »
Sputum. Not the kind that people spit normally, but the kind we nurses have to deal with that comes from the deep dark depths of peoples chests. I can't empty a suction cannister of secretions without gagging. I'm gagging just thinking about it! Blah!!  :P