Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: PHOBIAS! What R U SCARED of??  (Read 61535 times)

Offline ceoshea

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: PHOBIAS! What R U SCARED of??
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 12:56:45 PM »
I am so afraid of wasps.  At least bees will leave you alone if you don't bother them, but wasps are just mean.
ACLR:  12/30/04
LOA and removal of hardware:  8/05
LOA:  6/06
LOA:  11/06

Offline stickshifty

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 09:11:50 PM »
I am so afraid of wasps.  At least bees will leave you alone if you don't bother them, but wasps are just mean.

OMG I was eating lunch (if you could call it that since my lunch goes from 10:00-10:25) outside last week and a wasp attacked me! It flew straight at my face. I was on the ground rolling trying to get away from it because I didn't have anything to swat it with except my sandwich (but that's MY food!). It must have been pretty humorous because everyone around me was crying because they laughed so hard.
7.22.2004: horseback riding accident :(
5.9.2008: scope + plica removal on left knee.
12.16.2008: de-plica-tize my right knee.
3.14.2011: lateral release + medial plication on left knee.

It's great to be a Tennessee Vol!!!!

coolmum

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 03:12:47 AM »
I am scared of DEEP water.  Even if it is a swimming pool.  I remember swimming on the Barrier reef and i floated off the reef and it was just the great big abyss below me, scary!!!!  I dont do DEEP WATER!  My husband is PETRIFIED of sharks and flying in airplanes

Offline terry36887

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 07:19:40 AM »
My knee buckling!! (The thought of what actually hapens inside the knee EEEWWWW!!
Plus - Anaethesia!! That white HUGE syringe of fluid being pumped into you!! AHHHH More so the Canula (Can you la) I think thats how you spell it.
Tez

Offline DarciAnna

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • my couch has a dent where my butt has to be
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2007, 07:35:55 AM »
what an excellent question!!

i have a long-winded answer.  i always figured that hell was personal and would be filled with the things the dead hated/feared the most.  therefore, my personal hell (essentially my phobias) would be me standing barefoot in a public bathroom being forced to sit on a public toilet while eating peas (YUCK!!!  SO GROSS!!!) and having many strange men with soft feet rub their feet on me.  across the room is a line of people with really bad body odor and their socks are kind of loose so there's that sock flap hanging off of their toes.  and there's a video playing of me driving in the snow.

i'd have to say my BIGGEST fear is driving in the snow.... sucks to live in wisconsin and never drive when it's snowing.  makes getting to class/work very difficult between october and may....

Offline Berta

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • Much to young to feel this dam old, Garth Brooks
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2007, 06:43:16 PM »
Hey Darci I wouldn't want to live in your hell.

I'm now facing another of my phobias, I have toothache, I broke a tooth a while ago, and now it hurts, and there is a disgusting taste in my mouth, I'm sure that there is an infection, good job that it can escape, and isn't trapped in there. O know the asnwer is really simple, just pick up the phone and go see the dentist.........................but.........................I just can't do that today. I'm bad enough when things are good, but today it's not good, so can't face it yet, back to the medicated mouthwash. :(

Denny
6th Dec 2007 arthoscropy, major debridement and meniscus trimmed
Jan 08 2008 Arthritis grade 2/3 told to wait until TKR needed.
August 2010 Left knee arthroscopy

trainwreck

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 03:33:30 AM »
awww denny.  i am so sorry.  i fear the dentist too and totally understand but....tomorrow you gotta make the appt.  ok?  please you already have enough issues don't  want the tooth thing to get out of control too.   please????

Offline sil

• Regular Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 06:08:01 AM »
When I was younger I was really scared of spiders.  When I saw one my toes would automatically curl up inside my shoes.  I was at a bug zoo a few years ago and when they asked who wanted to hold the tarantula I volunteered.  I just wanted for once in my life to do something daring.  So here I was holding this gargantuan spider in my hand and my heart wasn't even beating faster.  I  petted it and surprisingly it was soft almost like a cat. 

Rosa

coolmum

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 06:26:26 AM »
My husband would s**t himself if he held a spider, he is scared of daddy-long-legs!

Offline terry36887

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 08:29:51 AM »
what an excellent question!!

HAHAHAHA!! Darci, that is one of the funniest things i have every heard on this site!! You got me in stitches  :D ;D :D

Offline terry36887

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 08:31:51 AM »
and their socks are kind of loose so there's that sock flap hanging off of their toes

Woops, forgot to put in the proper quote!!! THE SOCK FLAP! :o

Tez

Offline DarciAnna

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • my couch has a dent where my butt has to be
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 08:00:35 PM »
glad i could brighten your day!

coolmum

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 07:11:51 AM »
 :oI have a phobia of getting food poisoning.  Im very cautious of eating LEFT OVERS!!!  And anything from kebab shops, I have heard too many horror stories.  (NO offence to anyone who owns a kebab shop)

Offline Berta

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • Much to young to feel this dam old, Garth Brooks
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 12:38:46 AM »
How nasty is this.

Have just got back from getting my tooth pulled, I'm glad that's done, but was a little shocked that their one halloween decoration is a flaming great plastic spider hanging from the light, right above your face as you are lying in thr chair. Now real spiders can get me to leave a room, but plastic ones are OK, I have known people who freak at any sort of spider, real, picture or model, add that to a dentist chair and I'm sure a lot of prople would find themselves in hell
6th Dec 2007 arthoscropy, major debridement and meniscus trimmed
Jan 08 2008 Arthritis grade 2/3 told to wait until TKR needed.
August 2010 Left knee arthroscopy

trainwreck

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 01:03:32 AM »
am sorry you had to the toooth pulled but glad it is over.  how cruel is that you having a plastic spider staring at you????