Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Medial Patella Subluxation  (Read 946 times)

Offline bomo529

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Medial Patella Subluxation
« on: October 10, 2007, 02:50:48 AM »
Has anyone else been diagnosed with medial patella subluxation?  If so, have you been surgically treated?
6/06 - (R) LR
12/07 - (R) Open Extensor Mechanism Repair, Lateral Patellotibial Ligament Reconstruction

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
Re: Medial Patella Subluxation
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 05:34:27 AM »
Hey there---

I originially had lateral patellar dislocations, and had those surgically fixed (along with some other procedures) with a lateral release.  My surgeon at the time was a bit overzealous with everything, and now I'm left with medial subluxation and dislocations.  Currently I'm working my legs out as much as I can so eventually my surgeon can go in and fix it.  I do however need another procedure done to fix my knee as the patella problems are the least of my worries.  I believe my surgeon is just going to reverse the lateral release that was done.

I know of a few people whom have had this type of surgery.  One person off hand is Clare_hegg on the board....hopefully she'll see this post and hopefully answer more of your questions.  My surgeon said it wouldn't be too horrible of a surgery, but nonetheless is still a pain in the rear. 

Good luck with your knees!!
~Mandy
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

Offline bomo529

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Medial Patella Subluxation
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 03:31:42 PM »
That's what happened to me.  I had a LR in June '06 which overcorrected the problem and now I am having it fixed (by another OS).  I saw on your post that you are having the same surgery I am having.  Where are you having it done?

Do you think Clare_hegg would mind I sent her a PM to ask her about the surgery?

Thanks for the info!

Molly 
6/06 - (R) LR
12/07 - (R) Open Extensor Mechanism Repair, Lateral Patellotibial Ligament Reconstruction

support