Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Grinding in Japan!  (Read 780 times)

Offline Daniel-san

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Grinding in Japan!
« on: October 08, 2007, 07:02:58 AM »
Hi

I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place or if a similar question has been asked elsewhere.  I hope that someone is able to help me though!

I am currently teaching English in rural Japan.  I have had some problems with my knee for about a year now, and due to my location and inability to speak much Japanese I am finding it tricky knowing what to do.

Basically, my right knee grinds and clicks a lot when moving it from straight to 90 degrees.  If I cup my hand over it the grinding can really be felt quite badly.  Other people have been quite shocked when they have felt it, and I am getting a bit fed up with this "party trick" of mine!

I went to a hospital a while back, and had an x-ray and MRI scan.  The results came back clear - no damage.  Possibly a bit too much fluid on the knee?  I was told to go to another doctor and again, the x-ray was clear and nothing productive came from it really.  I got given a 2 week course of anti-inflammatory drugs and some cooling pads to place on it, twice a day, but nothing more.

There is only very occasionally pain in my knee (mostly when driving actually, not during/after sport which surprised me) so it is not for that reason that I want to get it sorted.  It is mainly for the future - I am 27 years old and I worry that if it is doing this now, what will it be like in 10, 20 years down the line.  I imagine the injury came about from very occasional jogging and a lifetime of playing football (soccer) - I am quite well built and sporty, but quite top heavy - I guess the impact over the years on my knees has not been good for it?

In December I shall be returning to England for a couple of weeks and will visit a doctor then, but between now and then (approximately 10 weeks) I was hoping to do some research into the problem - and hopefully someone on here might have had a similar problem and can offer me some help or advice.

Many thanks in advance.
Dan