Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: please help  (Read 2152 times)

Offline jan uk

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
please help
« on: September 29, 2007, 11:34:08 AM »
Hi there i hope someone can help me im going out of my mind.i have had on going problems with my knee i am 18 months post op, amoung other things i am told i have a nerve problem lateral side of right knee what is hyperalgesia,and dysaethesia.ive been prescribed amitriptyline.i hope someone out there can help me understand thanks jan
r/k patellar chrondroplasty,patellar debridement,lateral tear micro fracture.nerve problems l/k full dislocation lateral tear meniscus tear.twice.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: please help
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:04:58 PM »
Have they checked out so you don't have RSD/CRPS ?
http://www.rsds.org/2/what_is_rsd_crps/
Is the amitriptyline starting to kick in ? I know this med is that kind where the dose are corrected under a longer while and you might don't have the effect direct.
I am living with a nerve damage and RSD in my left knee. Has the doc explain your conditions at all ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline jan uk

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 08:48:58 PM »
Hi nettan thanks for your reply i see my doctor next monday to dicuss the damage and medication,its all been very confusing the link you gave was enlightening thanks.i,ll post my results many thanks jan
r/k patellar chrondroplasty,patellar debridement,lateral tear micro fracture.nerve problems l/k full dislocation lateral tear meniscus tear.twice.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 08:59:11 PM »
Best wishes for Monday. Try write down questions before so you don't forget anything.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.

Offline jan uk

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 01:55:02 PM »
Hi nettan my dr explained a little about my nerve damage i seem to learn more from this sight.i thank god for you all.my meds should start kicking in by the end of the week.how do you cope nettan you've been through so much? hugs jan

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 01:28:30 PM »
I hope that you had a good appointment. Sometimes though I feel that a PT can explain damages and how they body works better once you have gotten a diagnos. Maybe you have someone too ?
How I cope..some days I do..some days not. I have some close really good friends, both disabled and not. I have a lovely family...my kids are avesome. My hubby is also great, but he doesn't always understand. I have wonderful parents.
Also trying to help others here on the net is helping me cope. Another thing that helps is music. I also love to trave land adventures.
I think every day in life is just amazing..there is always something that lifts me up..even on my most black days.
If you want to talk more, feel free IM me.

Offline charlieinnj

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 12:35:26 PM »
Jan,
Can you let us know what you've been going through (e.g., where your pain is.....what kind of pain it is, etc.) and why this diagnosis was made? My mom has been going through hell for the last 2 years so I'm interested in anything you may be able to share.

Thanks,
Charlie

Offline jan uk

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 02:31:13 PM »
Hi charlie my pain is lateral side of the knee,very much like constant tooth ache then out of the blue for no apparent reason its a very sharp pain and makes my leg jump this can happen when the leg is at rest or on walking there is also slight swelling.i was diagnosed crp grade 1.sometimes the trauma of the injury or operation can cause this hope i've been of some help i wish your mum good luck