Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Strange Feeling in Knee  (Read 5628 times)

Offline LTA_Paul

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Strange Feeling in Knee
« on: September 25, 2007, 05:48:40 PM »
Hi,

Before I talk about my problem I thought it best to introduce myself as Im not sure where abouts to post my concern also, Im from the North West of England and work as a teacher and also coach tennis as well of a weekend and evening. Im an avid sports player (mostly tennis, weights and fitness) and like to keep active a lot.  :)

My problem is as follows...

Last Sunday after a hiking trip with some friends in Wales I was climbing into my friends transit van to go home. As I climbed into the van I banged my knee right on the 'funnybone knee equivalent' (not sure of the technical term for this but the bit that is extremely painful when tapped for several minutes!) I was immediately in pain but after 5 or so minutes (possibly less) the pain went. There was a slight dull pain just as you would if youd banged any bone in your body.

That night I had no significant paint nor the day after apart from a tiny twinge where I had banged it, so that night I went on the cross trainer and again had no problems doing 30 minutes on it. However on around Tuesday/Wednesday I noticed a tiny bit more pain but this was overtaken by a horrible tingly/weak feeling in my knee almost as if it is jellying a bit when I walk on it (sorry thats the only way I can think of describing it!) the pain has gone now and it is 9 days after I had banged it but the horrible tingly/weak feeling in the knee when I stand on it remains!

I am really concerned about this as my coaching and sport is already being hampered by an ankle problem, of which I am waiting for a date from the NHS to have it operated on so the last thing I need is another injury especially in the same leg.

Has anyone got any ideas what I might have done and if it is likely to subside in time? As I said there is no real pain present just a horrible weak tingly feeling. Im sure it wouldn't have been possible to do any real damage from banging it on a plastic dash would it?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated thanyou!

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Strange Feeling in Knee
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 06:44:40 PM »
You say a tingly feeling does that mean that you feel like there would be some nerv that are a bit spookey ?
If you dash your knee like you did, you can experience tingle feelings after. Can you notice any swelling ?
Probably you have some bruising in your knee that can make the knee swell inside, doesn't have to be noticeable from outside.
I would try RICE for some days.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline LTA_Paul

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 07:11:16 PM »
Hi,

Thankyou for the reply, by spookey feeling in the nerve do you mean the feeling you get when you spooked out? It does can of feel a bit like that
yes, its almost like its wobbling a bit when i stand on it but it doesnt prevent me from running or walking on it. Its just a very uncomfortable feeling at the minute.

There was no swelling at all that I could notice and the surface of the knee hasnt bruised particularly. It still feels a bit sore when I push in on the area of the knee I banged with my fingers also.

Would this just indicate bruising as you said?

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 07:48:21 PM »
No, I mean more does this feel like a nervissue with tingling sensation ?
This wobbly is probably swelling inside and should go away with resting.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.

Offline LTA_Paul

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 06:19:10 PM »
Its not a permanent tingling sensation the knee/leg itself feels wobbly at the knee joint when I walk and when I try do weights on it (which is all I have been doing since a banged it) would it be better to lay off the weights and give it a full weeks rest?

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 08:52:16 PM »
You better rest the knee to make the knee feel better and then start up gently again.

support