Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: exploratory knee surgery  (Read 1783 times)

Offline dwrucke

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
exploratory knee surgery
« on: September 21, 2007, 07:52:11 PM »
I've been on here a few times and gotten great advise from people or just words of encouragement, I had my third OS appointment yesterday and the doctor decided that since pills, pt and cortisone injections didn't relieve any of the pain with my patella and the sides of my knee that he was going to go in and do exploratory knee surgery to see what is going on inside. So I don't know what exactly will be done when they get inside
1992- Ligament surgery
2002- Lateral Release
2007- Lateral Release, Chondroplasty, Meniscus repair

Offline caren

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • here we are together
Re: exploratory knee surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 08:24:47 PM »
good luck to you on that one

hope it all turns out ok for you

let us know how you come out

we are all here for you

caren
Caren

Offline tenabutter

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 05:27:11 AM »
I had an exploratory sugery done Dec 2006. The MRI was not clear enough to fully diagonse my knee, the OS went in to clean and scrape any necessary areas and to see if I was a candidate for an ACI. Unfortunately, we found the knee too progressed and did the cleaning and now waiting TKR.  Good luck to you, I hope all goes well.
3/17/2006 RK Microfracture
12/28/2006 RK Scope

Offline EMTSgirlfriend

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
    • My Myspace page, if you want to know more about me!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 08:45:49 AM »
Exploratory surgery in my experience was a minor arthoscopy.  I think it will depend on your OS.  They usually go in, figure out the problem and make up a treatment plan, and if more surgery is needed they do it at a later date.  If it's something minor, like reefing, cleaning, etc, the OS will sometimes do it at the same time. Again, this is what's happened with me in the past, so it will all depend on your OS.  I hope everything works out!  Make sure to post after the surgery and let us know what happened!

Julie :)
Live everyday with hope!