Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Post-op 7 weeks today - Dr. is happy  (Read 977 times)

Offline paganmom

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Post-op 7 weeks today - Dr. is happy
« on: September 14, 2007, 05:50:33 PM »
I had my appointment on Monday (just a little over 6 weeks since surgery). My microfracturing appears to be successful and he gave me the thumbs up to start putting a bit of weight on the knee. Wow, I didn't know touching my toe to the ground lightly could cause so much pain. Back on the pain meds for a while.

The best news is I get to start PT on Monday! I cannot wait. I know it will be painful, but after 7 weeks, I finally feel like I'm moving forward.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Post-op 7 weeks today - Dr. is happy
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 09:17:02 PM »
Good to hear. Hope everything continues to improve. I had microfracture last week so 10 days out now..will be NWB for 4 weeks at least.
Did you have lots of swelling in beginning and what about pain ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline paganmom

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 09:59:11 PM »
Nettan, sorry to hear about the microfracturing you just had. I am at seven weeks and it is still painful. Sitting and resting is fine, but I have just started weightbearing and it really gets rough by afternoon. Of course, if I slowed down it might not be so bad, but who has time to slow down, right?

After surgery I used the CPM to keep it moving and this really helped with inflamation, though I still had a lot of swelling. At least it was moving. I find the majority of my swelling is immediately above the knee, kind of in the muscle/fat area. I think you will find the pain lessens quite a bit going forward, but you will have tender spots you have to be careful of.

Take care of the knee and ice, ice, ice! The ice was my savior!

Good luck!
Kat

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 07:46:49 PM »
Hey Kat !!
I am now 4 weeks out from surgery. Know I had microfracture on both femur and tibia.
I have terrible bone pain...I live with RSD and nerve damage in my other knee, but this is way worse.
Did you have this kind of pain and if so what did help ?
If you have anything to share I would be grateful.
How is your pain now ?

Thanks !!
NETTAN 8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline paganmom

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »
Nettan,

Sorry to hear about having to have MF, but it does get better. However, not as quickly as I want it to!

I had that bone pain and after almost 12 weeks, still do. I have good days and bad days. Ice is the trick. ICE! ICE! ICE! ICE! ICE! ICE! ICE! ICE! ICE!  Did I mention ice?  ;)

If you are NWB (I was for 7 weeks total) do what your doctor says and DON'T put weight on it. I actually stuck with doctor's orders and am doing pretty well. Physical therapy has taken its toll this week, but that is to be expected.

Rest and ice...painkillers are great too if you have them. In fact, I recommend them. Pain only slows the healing process.

If you have questions, please email me and I'd be happy to share.

Rest and take care!

support