Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: What did I do? Please read.  (Read 1714 times)

Offline asu21at

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
What did I do? Please read.
« on: September 09, 2007, 03:27:27 AM »
Yesterday I was playing basketball and came down from a dunk and landed on one leg.  My knee completely bent and I ended up with my foot on the ground as well as my butt.  There was no twisting just a sudden forceful bend.  What scares me is there was a loud pop that came from the upper inside of my kneecap.  I  played for about 3 minutes before I quit.  There was not really any pain but it feels very week and unstable, altough it hasn;t lockd up or given out once.  There is no swelling, and it doesn't really restrict me from doing anything.  It just really hurts along the back of the knee when i  squat down into the position I landed in, or when I stretch my quad by bringing my foot to be butt.  Other than that it feels alright, just weak.  I can do a one legged squat and even hop around on one foot with no pain.  The "pop" and just the wierd feeling have me scared.  Any ideas as to what I did?  I can't get into my OS til tuesday so any advice would be appreciated.  ACL?  Meniscus?  Muscle tear?  Sprain? Thanks in advance.

Offline fuzzyfurball

• Forum Faithful
Re: What did I do? Please read.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 03:29:49 AM »
I of course am no doctor but it *sounds* like you tore the meniscus or maybe your ACL (of course I have no idea what it feels like to tear the ACL, other than a pop and it being very painful)! Good luck!

Offline caren

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • here we are together
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 11:29:08 AM »
I agree with fuzzy but you need to get to the dr and have it checked out so that you dont do
more damage if there is damage done

good luck and let us know houw you come out
caren
Caren

Offline DeborahinNC

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 02:43:47 PM »
Hi,

Hope you get good news from your doctors visit.  It really could be any number of things.  Until your visit you just need to be nice to the knee to avoid further damage and more important further pain and discomfort. 

Please let us know what you learn.

Will be thinking about you - good luck.

Deborah

Offline flash717

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 04:28:11 PM »
Hi, with a hyperflexion type of injury, it may be a PCL injury also. Like everyone said, ice, rest, ice, rest, ice.
karen
RK 84  Patella cleaning
85  Plica removal, LR
97  Plica removal, patellar cleaning
06 Nov patellar cleaning
07 Jan patellar cleaning, loose body removal
07 Sep 7 TTT/AMZ & LR
09 Oct screws removed

LK - 86  LR, patellar cleaning
90 Patellar debridement
02  Art. cart injury, Lat. Tibia & Femur

support