Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: posterior knee pain = ???  (Read 852 times)

Offline doublespresso

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
posterior knee pain = ???
« on: August 31, 2007, 03:48:57 AM »
Hey everyone~

So a few days ago, I noticed a sharp pain in the outside/back of my left knee, right where my calf turns into my knee... not sure what caused it--I have been trying to go to the gym a little more than usual, but I can't remember a specific incident that caused any major pain there. I can flex/extend my knee pretty much w/o any problems if there's no weight on my foot, but when I'm walking, it hurts to put weight down on my leg with the knee in a straight position. Sometimes it feels like there's something catching/locking/sticking a little bit and it's hard to extend my knee all the way.

Strangely, the pain is much much better when I'm walking in high heels--which seems completely counterintuitive. It also comes and goes--sometimes I'll get up and start walking for ten or fifteen feet without any real problems, and then all of a sudden it comes back very sharply and painfully.

I'm completely at a loss as to what this might be--the only thing I can probably rule out is a meniscus tear, because I've had one of those before and it felt different than this (although maybe meniscus problems don't all feel the same? I dunno.) Has anyone had anything like this before or think they know what it might be? Thanks!!

~Kris

PS: I did have a partial lateral release and medial meniscus repair on this knee in March... not sure if that matters for anything, but maybe?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 03:50:33 AM by doublespresso »