Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Read this before going to a physio!!  (Read 740 times)

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
    • My Facebook Profile
Read this before going to a physio!!
« on: August 30, 2007, 06:14:28 PM »
got this email and thought that i would help spread the word. srry, theres a lot of advertising, but...an interesting article.

jak

[Edited by the KNEEguru to avoid copyright infringement.]

Dear Athlete,

A recent issue of Sports Injury Bulletin sparked controversy with an article stating that there is a crucial element missing from the physio professionís basic training.

Today, I would like to invite Sports Performance Bulletin subscribers to judge for themselves by offering you exclusive access to this restricted circulation newsletter - absolutely free.

Hot off the press, each issue of Sports Injury Bulletin has a cover price of $16.50. But for a limited time only you can get a copy absolutely free. Click here and ask how to claim your copy now.

http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/sports-injury-treatment.php
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 03:35:21 PM by The KNEEguru »
TTT/Lateral Release/Chondroplasty:†May 15th, 2009
Brostrom Reconstruction: Oct 16th, 2009

† ~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 96
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Read this before going to a physio!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 07:01:59 PM »
Hi FindNemo91
I modified this post [which was much longer] as we will be infringing copyright by posting it in its entirety. I added the link to the journal, but you may like to replace it with the link that we emailed to you?

It is true that medical professionals are sometimes assumed to know things but not explicitly taught. As a medical student I was never taught how to write a prescription, for instance. Or how to counsel someone who had just lost a relative. It is often assumed that these things are picked up 'on the job'. And most of them are, I believe.

KNEEguru
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 03:34:47 PM by The KNEEguru »
--
KNEEguru