Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Dr. wants me to go to PT, but...  (Read 663 times)

Offline tjd28

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Dr. wants me to go to PT, but...
« on: August 29, 2007, 11:09:41 PM »
...my insurance deductible is $500, and so far none of the deductilbe has been met. My dilemma is that my husband and I are unable to pay out of pocket the deductible and then my insurance will pay 70% of the expense.

I guess I will see if I can do exercises at home since I can not afford the cost involved for PT. I have had knee surgery six years ago and I am experiencing the same symptoms and aggrevation as before. However, we have moved and I have a different job, therefore different insurance.

My problem is that I have chondromalacia, patella tracking disorder and inflamed tendons according to the first OS I have been to in Mobile, AL. I am not sure if I really like him or not because he just poked a little at my knee and asked where it hurt and wanted to know if it felt like before the first time I was having pain before my surgery. He didn't even have me sit on the examining table. Xrays were taken, I was given a script for Celebrex and orders for PT. I don't even know if he diagnosed me right - he just flipped through my med recs I had requested from my prior OS in St. Louis.

Any exercises or websites showing exercises would be appreciated.

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: Dr. wants me to go to PT, but...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 02:21:53 PM »
Although you may not be able to afford an entire course of physical therapy, I would highly suggest that you at least go in for an evaluation.  They would then be able to set you up with a home exercise plan and would also be available if you are having any problems.  They would be able to demonstrate the exercises that would be most helpful in dealing with your specfic knee condition. 

If you are not comfortable with your current OS's assessment, I would suggest seeking out another opinion.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.