Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: arthrofibrosis  (Read 1012 times)

Offline hilarymck

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
arthrofibrosis
« on: August 25, 2007, 04:05:34 AM »
I am new to this forum, so I apologize if this isn't the right place.  I am looking for a list of doctors who specialize in arthrofibrosis, and are trained in surgical procedures to get rid of the scar tissue in a knee status post TKR.  I live in northeast NY, so that is a consideration.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Hilarymck

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
Re: arthrofibrosis
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 04:58:29 AM »
Hilary...Just curious, when was your TKR? Did you have an MUA? How is your extension? I had my TKR 6/22 and an MUA 7/22, now have very poor extension. Not sure whats causing it. Arthrofibrosis? Infection? Component too thick? Its driving me crazy....keep in touch. You can ready my diary if you want...Donnas TKR post op.

Donna
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

Offline hilarymck

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 01:03:28 PM »
Donna......I had my TKR on March 5th.....had a MUA on April 31st......had all kinds of tests to rule out infection..... had 3 months of PT.I still only have a 95 degree flexion, my extension is OK........there was something wrong from the start...and there still is.  I have pain 24/7...worse at night......my knee is swollen to different degrees all the time.  I try not to let it get me down, but it worries me.
Love to hear about your experience.
Hilary

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 03:12:07 AM »
Interesting that you did tests to rule out infection. My OS just told me that yes, there are tests they can do to rule out infection, but up until a year post op TKR, the tests will come back inaccurate due to the TKR. So, we are not doing any. The game plan for me is this. Continue with PT and with my CPM machine and brace (with splint) here at home.See him Oct. 23. If no change, then he will have to operate. Thing is, I wouldnt know what he is gonna do when he gets in there. If there is infection, then the prosthesis comes out till the infection clears. If arthrofibrosis, he could clean that out, or if it is a component problem, replace it. I think my pain is worse now than before the surgery. Mine too is swollen and very stiff....this is interesting. When do you see the doc again?
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

Offline Jaci

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 5
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 03:26:47 AM »
Hello,

Have you found the info on arthrofibrosis on KNEEguru's main website? Here are some links to get you:

Dr. Millett’s article

http://www.casebook.kneeguru.co.uk/index.php/knee/issues/arthrofibrosis_of_the_knee/

Dr. Noyes’ arthrofibrosis tutorial and Dirk Kokmeyer’s rehab tutorial

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtutor/doku.php

KneeGuru’s literature review (look under problems with healing)

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/insights/doku.php

You may want to take a look and post down in the 'soft tissue healing problems-- arthrofibrosis' or the 'knee arthritis-- total knee replacement' bulletin boards.

Here's a link to a recent discussion about doctors who deal with TKR and arthrofibrosis:

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=38352.0

Best wishes,

Jaci
10/03 Twist injury
12/03 Menisectomy- tears ACL, MCL, & LCL missed by OS
Arthrofibrosis ROM 38-68
3/04- 4/08 Multiple scar tissue procedures:
6 scopes w/LOA, AIR, LR, chondroplasty, synovectomy, bone spur & plica removal
3 insufflations, many injections
Chronic AF, patella infera, IPCS