Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Are MRI"s really correct???  (Read 1063 times)

Offline mica33

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Are MRI"s really correct???
« on: August 24, 2007, 12:45:15 PM »
I had ACL surgery 17 years ago. I had two screws put in my knee. A year later I had to have one of the screws removed. I never had any problems until about 4 weeks ago. It started hurting in the back of my knee, then the next day it started giving out of my, then the next day I couldn't walk on it. It doesn't hurt now except when it gives out, which is at least 6 or 7 times a day. I had a MRI and it said nothing was wrong. In 4 weeks I am going back to the doctor that did my surgery, thank goodness she is still practicing. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with my knee?  I thought for sure the MRI would tell me. Now I just have to deal with my knee giving out, and I really dont' think that is helping it. I would greatly appreciate any advise. Thanks

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Are MRI"s really correct???
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 12:58:04 PM »
A Mri aren't 100%. I had meniscus torn and a growth like a band in my knee that did prevent my extension. Didn't show up on Mri but when my surgeon went in he saw that.
Take it easy and if you have some brace wear that or use crutches so you don't end up with worse damage if you fall.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline L. Thomas.net

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Louann in Tennessee/USA
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 01:06:09 PM »
My ACLr graph (2000) failed (2004) and the MRI didn't show anything because the way it was laying it looked like it was in place.  It sort of folded back and forth in the joint.  I didn't have the buckleing because the "stump" of the graph was still in place.  OS didn't find it until he did a debridement for arthritis pain.  He was surprised because it had failed and didn't show up in the MRI.  It was just a freak placement of the ligament when it failed.

I didn't have any damage because the graph failed.
Mulitple Knee surgeries/ TKA: 06  
Left Hip femoroplasty : 08   
Post Op- TKAinTN 06: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=33906.

Offline mica33

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 04:25:20 PM »
Thank you for the information. It does make me feel better. Not that I want something to show up, but when you know something is wrong and the test shows nothing, it's just agrevating. I guess I will see for sure when I see the doctor next month. Thanks a bunch!!

support