Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 9 years on.. ACL recon  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Maz

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Knee pain, Knee schmain
9 years on.. ACL recon
« on: July 09, 2003, 06:32:45 AM »
Well,

I found this site today actully due to my tibia plateau fracture on my left knee which happened a year ago. That's not a great story so not the usccess for this part of the site.

BUT I had a patella tendon graft ACL reconstruction 9 years ago on my right knee. I still have the screws in and the staple, and am still good.

I was lucky enough (after a first OS who did nothing) to find out the name of the guy who did Paul Gascogne (old England Player)'s knee after he blew it out. He did my recon a year after I tore it skiing and a year after that I was skiing again. He sent me to rehab at a sports therapy place who had a cybex machine which forced muscle bulk in a short perid, and it really helped. I live in the USA now, but if I'd done my latest injury last year in the UK, I would have gone straight back to him.

Believe me, at first I had all the traditional problems with pain swelling, clicking, soreness, night pain, hardware pain, but now I'm OK... so it DOES get better.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 06:33:29 AM by Maz »
Mazzy
LH Tib Plat Fx June 02 w/ 9 screws, plate and syn graft. Meniscus rep + shard removal Jul 02. 9 wks NWB. Cane-Jan03. Flex/ext OK. strength OK. H/W removal Aug 03

RH ACL recon Jan 94 now OK

Iona_-Uk

Re: 9 years on.. ACL recon
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 09:03:14 AM »
Hi Maz,
What a wonderful story, that gives inspiration to those who are having or have undergone the same surgery as you have had done.

All th best.
Iona

Offline Jennie

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • LoveBug
Re: 9 years on.. ACL recon
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 05:17:34 AM »
Maz you don't know how wonderful it was for me to read that story, I am 8 weeks post op from a patella and ligament recon and besides the usual pain I feel great with my knee and its so good to hear another success story and know that it does get better! I have waited through 5 surgeries to get the results that I have gotten in 8 weeks post op from this one!! Thank you for your story it was very inspiring.

Jennie
21 yrs. old..Right knee injury. Ligament Recon 6-21-01, 2 LR's 3/02 & 9/02
TTT 11/08/02, patella and ligament recon 5/03
Recently dx with OA, Having hardware removed and knee scoped on 6/24/04