Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: !!!![UPDATED]Pain behind left knee on the outside  (Read 1322 times)

Offline VaporTrail

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
!!!![UPDATED]Pain behind left knee on the outside
« on: August 14, 2007, 03:49:47 PM »
Hi, first off, thanks for checking out my post, I really appreciate it.

Anyways, I think I strained one of the tendons in my knee playing football last week.  I felt it pull as I jumped to swat a ball down, and I figured I had pulled my hamstring again.  However, after icing it for 3 days and talking to my buddy who's training to be a PT, we figured out it wasn't a hamstring pull, but we can't narrow it down to which tendon or ligament it is.  I imagine that I'll have to go to a real physical therapist to get this figured out.

I feel the pain in the outside of my leg, behind my left knee.  My friend said it could be a PCL, but I thought that the PCL crosses through the middle of the knee.  It feels like it could be the lateral collateral ligament.  I don't really know though, what would you guys say?  I hurt it while jumping of my left leg.  There's no swelling, so I don't think it's that serious, but I have soccer tryouts in two weeks. :-\  what should I do?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 02:07:36 AM by VaporTrail »

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Pain behind left knee on the outside
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 06:25:17 PM »
You are thinking of the LCL. Try RICE for some days.If you don't get better and this don't settle down go check your knee before tryout.
Is your knee stable ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline VaporTrail

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Pain behind left knee on the outside
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:56:43 PM »
Yeah, I can still run and make cuts and such, and I conditioned on the new grass turf stuff yesterday.  The only problem I get is that it gets sore during and right after my conditioning.  I don't want to stay off of it too much, but I'm definitely taking my conditioning a little easier to be on the safe side.

Offline VaporTrail

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: !!!![UPDATED]Pain behind left knee on the outside
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 02:10:22 AM »
Alright I just got done playing soccer, and it was sore after I started playing, then it got kinda numb afterwards.  I stretched and I'm icing it now, but the stretch that made me feel it most was laying on my back and having someone put my leg straight up, and pushing my toes straight down.  So is it for sure the LCL?  or could this possibly a hamstring injury?

The pain is mostly behind the knee, but I can feel it go halfway up my hammy.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: !!!![UPDATED]Pain behind left knee on the outside
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 07:11:08 AM »
To be honest. I have no idea. Let your body decide how much you can do.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.