Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Toatal Knee done, now having poping  (Read 927 times)

Offline Millie47

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Toatal Knee done, now having poping
« on: August 05, 2007, 07:29:41 PM »
Hi,
This is my first time to post here. I had a total left knee replaced a year ago this past July. My new knee  is now making some poping nosie when I bend the knee. It is not load but I can also feel it when I put my hand over the knee and bend it. It also has some aching off and on. Can this be normal? I also need to have the other knee replaced, but as of right now I keep putting it off.
Thanks for any info.!....Millie
One day @ a time......Millie

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
Re: Toatal Knee done, now having poping
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 10:07:49 PM »
There will be pops at times maybe a few wiggley wobbly moments. Could be scar tissue? Could be your muscles are not as strong?
I would suggest you seeing your OS if you have pain that you can not tolerate. There is no magic 1 year rule.
 He can Xray it. Check to see how the cement is and check to see the spacer. And I think it is common to have a yearly follow up to check these things via xray anyway.

I have some wobbly moments at times when I walk for a split second nothing that I cant get under control with my muscles. I keep reminding myself it is not a natural knee it is metal bits in there. 

My left knee is crap and I was told that it will need to be replaced as well.  My OS always said to call when I had pain.