Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Robs ACL Allograft Diary - MCL & Lateral Meniscus Trim Also  (Read 86854 times)

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Robs ACL Allograft Diary - MCL & Lateral Meniscus Trim Also
« on: August 04, 2007, 09:58:33 PM »
I’ve been reading posts on this site for a while and they have definitely helped me so I have decided, a little late, to start a pre-op & post-op diary (It will take a little catching up since I injured my self about 3 months ago and had my surgery on 7-17-07) - Just so you don't have to read ahead to the day of surgery, I ended up having a bone patellar tendon bone allograft and in addition they trimmed my lateral meniscus (this did not show up in the MRI) - the MCL is healing on its own.

I've also started an exercise journal that details out all the exercises I have been assigned at PT (and added on my own with PT's permission) and the timeline of when I started these (they are all listed in this thread too but thought it would be nice to have a seperate thread to have them all in one spot): http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=38562.0

5-13-2007:

I was playing around with some of my younger relatives in my backyard at a party and they were running and jumping over chairs (they ranged in age from probably 12 to 28 – I am 40).  I decided that I would give it a shot (big mistake). I came down from my landing on a straight right leg and did a complete tear of my ACL, grade 2 tear of my MCL and tore my lateral meniscus (MRI did not initially show this but it was trimmed during the surgery when doctor discovered it).

I knew immediately that I had done some serious damage, I was not able to get up so crawled back to where I was sitting (everyone thought I was just clowning around) and then proceeded to enjoy the rest of the party. After about 30 minutes I was able to walk – although I had to go pretty slow and I was limping – My knee was already swollen at this point also.

Went to the doctors the next day and after X-Rays and an MRI got the results mentioned above. At this appointment we decided on an allograft for the ACL and to pre-hab the injury for at least 6 weeks to give the MCL time to heal.

5-18-07:

Taught my first martial arts class today (basically stood on the sidelines and coached – I’m usually a hands on coach so this was tough for me – basically I like to get in and do what I have everyone else doing).

I also decided at this point that if I was to be going through surgery soon (not sure of the date at this point) and since I was going to be less active it was time to make a few changes. Basically I started taking supplements (Liquid Glucosamine, Multi-Vitamin, Flax Seed Oil Capsules and something called Cissus RX which another martial artist I know who went through this same thing said worked wonders for him and the people he heard about it from. I decided this would also be a good time to cut drinking down to one or two drinks a month and coffee to one small cup a day. I also cut out all junk food and switched my snacks over to just fruits and veggies (I’m about 6’1 and 200lbs so I was in decent shape to begin with but I figured this couldn’t hurt).

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 02:51:24 PM by Rob_W »
Pre/Post-Op Diary http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=38125.0
ACL Exercise Journal
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=38562.0
Injured 5/13/07 (ACL Grade 3, MCL Grade 2, Lateral Meniscus) - Right Knee
7/17/07 ACLr/Menisectomy Allograft

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
Allograft - ACL/MCL/Lateral Meniscus Trim (Pre-Op)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 10:19:11 PM »
5-20-07 (1 week post injury):

5-22-07:

At this point still waiting for my first official PT session so decided to start doing some home exercises that I found on the internet. I felt quite a bit better just doing something. My sleeping as of today is also getting easier (I usually sleep on both sides and my back but have been limited to just my back) – I am now able to sleep on my right side without a pillow.

5-24-07:

I had my first PT session today. They measured my extension at 3 degrees short of full extension (I have some hyper extension in my left leg so I was pretty close), and my flexion at 98 degrees. They then checked my strength levels in the leg and told me I scored 4 out of 5 in all tests compared to my other leg (this was just with me pushing against the PT – not using any weights or machines). I was then handed a bunch of pages of exercises to do (about 10) and told to make an appointment to come back – I was not very impressed with this place.

5-25-07:

Taught class again today, and with my large brace on (the one I would have post-op) was able to do a little working out. I then went home and fertilized my yard (again, with the brace on) and my knee was throbbing after this. I iced my knee and about 1.5 hours later it was back to normal (which at this point was still swollen and painful).

5-26-07:

I hit some new firsts today – I was able to put my right sock on by myself (it was painful), and I also went down a flight of stairs the normal way (good leg first) but had to use the hand railing to support about 50% of my weight. I took the very last step normal and felt a really strong pull in my right quad (it was towards the medial side – I believe this is the VMO). In addition I took my mountain bike out for a quick ride (maybe 5 minutes) and it was pretty tough initially to pedal.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:02:49 PM by Rob_W »
ACL Exercise Journal

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 10:35:11 PM »
5-27-07 (2 weeks post injury) & 5-28-07:

Nothing exciting, just gradually riding a little bit more on my bike (I should also say I am riding in low gears on flat surfaces) - up to about 25 minutes. I think my flexion is at about 110 now.

5-29-07:

Started with new PT today (I will be doing this twice a week for about the next 6 weeks) – much better than first one I visited with (like my doctor, this one specializes in sports PT (both my OS and PT work with professional sports teams) and has a ton of experience with my injuries. I was told to drop down to just 4 exercises (instead of the 10 I was doing), once per day and was given proper form on how to do them (much more intense than what I was doing). So at this point I am doing:

1. Straight leg raises (contract first, raise to height of opposite bent knee, lower, fully relax, repeat) – 3 sets of 15 – just about every exercise I get at this point is 3 sets of 15).

2. The second exercise is seated using a towel around my extended injured leg, pull the toes back towards the knee, contract the quad hard (and press back of knee down into floor/table) and hold for 20 seconds (3 reps).

3. The 3rd exercise is standing on step with my injured leg, lower myself about 6 inches and gently touch the floor and then push back up.

4. The last exercise is the heel slide using a towel to assist (3 sets of 15, hold for 5 seconds).

I should also add that we started with heat and elec. stimulation, and then ice at the end (and I have done this every workout pre-op and post-op).

5-30-07 to 6-2-07:

Nothing really exciting – continued to bike (I was told to bike up to 5 times a week and shoot for about 30 minutes) and doing my home PT exercises. I have noticed that as I approach about 45-55 degrees on the heel slides I get a lot of pain on the medial side of my knee but the pain stops as I pass 90 degrees, and the pain either stops or lessons towards the end of my sets (PT told me this is the torn MCL).

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:02:32 PM by Rob_W »
ACL Exercise Journal

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 10:41:22 PM »
6-3-07 (3 weeks post injury):

I am now starting to substitute some rowing (on a concept 2 rower) in place of my biking – I also switched over at this point to using a stationary bike (I picked up a recumbent stationary bike).

6-4-07:

Met with doctor today to check my MCL – says it is still loose and wants me in my brace 24/7 for the next 2 weeks (not locked – I have never had it locked either, and only really wore it the first week). I have been wearing a McDavid hinged brace which I modified slightly by using some Velcro straps at the very top and bottom to make it more stable (without these straps as I bend my knee I see the siding moving away from my leg – and this then seems like it loses the purpose of what it is supposed to do). Today I also started lifting again (chest, shoulders, back, and biceps) – I will be doing this twice a week right up until surgery.

6-5-07:

At PT today got 3 new exercises to add.

1. The first is leg raises on my side with my injured leg moving up and down (we are not doing the other ones where my injured leg would be close to the ground and lifting up because it stresses the MCL).

2. The second exercise are standing calf raises (both calves at same time) using a step (and something to touch for balance if needed).

3. The third is putting a small ball under my knee (ends knee to about a 45 degree angle) and doing some extensions (limited ROM with these).

6-6-07:

Today was the first day I skipped my home PT exercises – felt like I could use a day off.

6-7-07:

Today I have started to use ankle weights (starting at 5 pounds) for the two different leg raises I do. Over the next 6 weeks I will gradually be increasing the weight to about 10 pounds if I can.

6-8-07 to 6-09-07:

More of the same.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:04:11 PM by Rob_W »
ACL Exercise Journal

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
Re: Allograft - ACL/MCL/Lateral Meniscus Trim (Pre-Op)
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 10:54:36 PM »
6-10-07 (4 weeks post injury):

I am still finding that for about the first 15 reps of heel slides the medial part of my knee hurts (the MCL) and for the last 15 (as I approach full flexion) the lateral part of my knee hurts. Right up until surgery every time I do anything that approaches full flexion I get this same pain – I find out later that this pain was from the torn lateral meniscus.

6-11-07:

Added 4 new exercises at PT today (I also forgot to mention that after heat and electric stim, every PT session I then ride the stationary bike for about 8 to 10 minutes).

1. The first is just sitting in a chair and using my injured leg to pull me forwards (basically do this until I can’t do any more – He also said my hamstrings were pretty weak and I could use the other leg to assist when I need to).

2. The 2nd exercise is a seated leg extension with a 10 pound ankle weight – limited motion on this though (not a full extension) – he also said I could alternate this one with the one with the ball under the knee – I didn’t like that one so I just do this one now.

3. The 3rd exercise is a basic calf stretch – he had me put the ball of my foot on a telephone book and then lean forward so my hands and/or forearm are on a table and just relax into the stretch (he didn’t want me to just stand on a step and sink because he said too many other muscles are involved to keep balance and keep you from sinking to far down).

4. The last was a hamstring stretch where I lie on my back and use a towel to gently stretch the injured leg (keeping it perfectly straight). This one is tough for me so I alternate this with another stretch that is similar where I lie on the floor next to a door frame (assume it is on my right), prop my right leg up and have my left leg sticking straight out (I start with a bend in my right knee and a bend in my left knee) – now work on extending the right leg straight and also on straightening the lower left leg (this puts very little pressure on your lower back and you can do it for a long time).

I was also told at this point to make sure I am doing all exercises with both my injured leg and my good leg.

6-12-07 to 6-16-07:

More of the same except I also started to take some walks during the day – I still have a slight limp but each day it feels better.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:06:35 PM by Rob_W »
ACL Exercise Journal

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 11:14:09 PM »
6-17-07 (5 weeks post injury) 6-19-07:

Basically more of the same this week. I have started to work on my flexion more (not realizing I am not getting full flexion because of torn meniscus). I am also starting to find it much easier to go up and down stairs the regular way (up has been easy for a while and down is now starting to feel more normal) – I make sure I go down a few flights of steps a day without using the handles (there is a little pain, but not too bad).

6-20-07:

Added 2 more exercises at PT today (I should also note that for the past few weeks I have been doing leg presses at PT and at home with very light weight – about 30 to 50 pounds).

1. The first exercise added has become one of my favorites. I place two books on the floor about 2 feet in front of me, and spaced about 3 to 4 feet apart (so they are out at 45 degree angle from me). I then stand just on my injured leg and bend down and touch the book to my right with my right hand (I am told to put it as far away as I possible can so I really have to reach for it), then I stand back up (not touching the other foot to the floor), and then I do the same but this time my left hand touches the book way to my left, I then stand back up (again without ever touching the other foot to the floor). I then repeat this 9 more times on the injured leg (without ever touching down). That is one set, and I am to do 3 sets on each leg (so a total of 30 reps on each leg). Today I barely got 10 on each side but over the next 2 weeks or so I get to the point where it is easy doing the 60 reps.

2. The second exercise is a basic lunge. I start with feet together and then step out deep with my injured leg. Lower myself so my left knee (behind me) drops down towards the floor (as far as I can go without actually touching – and don’t let the lead knee go out past your toes) and then forcefully push off of the injured leg to get back t the starting position. Then repeat on the other side. I found these a bit much (painful to knee) so asked if I could modify them so I start in the lunge position and then just raise and lower myself (these are hard enough) and he said that is great too (I also decided I would do the lunges just every other day).

6-21-07 to 6-23-07:

More of the same. I am starting to get in and out of my car easier (although I still can’t do it the normal way), and I am now sleeping with no pillow between my knees. Lastly, by weeks end I am able to go down about 5 flights of steps a day with little to no pain.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:09:55 PM by Rob_W »
ACL Exercise Journal

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 11:22:13 PM »
6-24-07 (6 weeks post injury) to 6-30-07:

More of the same this week.

In addition to PT exercises, weight lifting, rowing and biking I am starting to do some of my regular routines (like physio ball exercises and modified yoga postures working on core body strength).

On 6-27 I had my last PT visit before surgery (still have not scheduled my surgery yet as of this date) and I was told I am doing great and just keep doing what I am doing until he sees me again the week after my surgery.

This week I am now doing stairs regular all the time and have even been doing some pretty aggressive martial arts workouts maybe at about 50% of what I used to do (fighting with guys who weigh up to about 250 and my knee holds up well). I am also able to kneel down at this point (although I can’t sit all the way back on my heels because I still can’t get full flexion).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:09:39 PM by Rob_W »
ACL Exercise Journal

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 11:32:37 PM »
7-1-07 (7 weeks post injury) to 7-16-07 (9 weeks post injury)

On 7-2 met with doctor and scheduled the surgery for 7-17. My knee feels very stable to me, but he showed me how much movement I still have in my shin (my knee has not given out once since my injury).

Basically between now and the surgery I really went at my exercises hard (PT every day, aggressive biking and ramped up the martial arts even more because my knee is feeling great). If it wasn’t for me not getting full flexion I would say by 7-16 (the day before surgery) I was getting very close to 100%.

7-8 was 8 weeks post injury and 7-15 was 9 weeks post injury.

I also had my pre-op visit at the hospital this week.

On 7-15 and 7-16 went for a quick 2 day vacation with my wife and two daughters (ages 5 and 8 ) – and after lots of walking on the beach, swimming in the pool, and plenty of walking all over the place my knee was feeling a little over worked on the 16th so I took it easy for the rest of that day from about noon on.

I stopped drinking anything with caffeine in it the final week before surgery because I did not want to chance having any form of caffeine withdrawl headaches the day of surgery (at this point I was really only drinking 1 cup of decaf a day and had been doing that for the past couple of weeks).

I stopped eating and drinking at about 10pm on 7-16 since the surgery is scheduled for tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:11:41 PM by Rob_W »
ACL Exercise Journal

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
Re: Robs Allograft Diary - Allograft Protocol
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 12:12:13 AM »
ACL Exercise Journal

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
Re: Robs Allograft Diary - ACL/MCL/Lateral Meniscus
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 01:58:47 AM »
Below are links to the pieces of equipment I have in my home gym that I used to prehab my injury, and that I am currently using to rehab my injury:

1. Powertec Workbench Mutli System (has a link to a nice video of it in action):
http://www.powertecfitness.com/workbench_multi_sysn.htm

2. SportsArt C52R Recumbent Stationary Bike:
http://www.sportsartamerica.com/SAF/commercial/cycles/c52r.asp

3. Concept 2 Rower (Model D):
http://www.concept2.com/us/products/indoorrowers/d_home.asp?bhcp=1

I do not have a gym membership so this is all the equipment I use (in addition to some ankle weights, exercise bands, physio ball,… etc.)
ACL Exercise Journal

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
Robs Allograft Diary - ACL/MCL/Lateral Meniscus - Day 0 - Surgery Today!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 02:41:31 PM »
Day 0 – 7/17/07:

I got to the hospital today at 11am for a 1 pm surgery. There was some sort of emergency surgery however so I ended up waiting for a couple of hours before they had me change and then moved me to a new section in a hospital bed. Here I waited again for a few more hours. Finally at about 4pm they put the IV in and then wheeled me to the OR. The last thing I remember was them explaining to me that they were going to be hitching me up to some monitors.

I came to what felt like moments later (the surgery was about 1.5 hours) – I was pretty groggy for the first few minutes. I remember seeing my doctor and he told me everything went great and that when he was in there he found the tear in the lateral meniscus and he trimmed that.

The nurse then told me that I had told her the pain was about a 4 out of 10 (I don’t remember saying this) but I told her now it was at least an 8 out of 10. Two separate times they added something to my IV and shortly after that I was much more comfortable. I think I stayed in the recovery area for about another hour (maybe less) and then they had me go to the bathroom and get dressed.

My wife then drove me home (I basically laid down in the back seat of her car). The drive home was about 40 minutes and when I got home I thought I was going to be sick and I would say my pain had gone back up to at least an 8 again. I quickly ate something and took some of my pain meds and then went and lay down on the couch (my new home).

I was given 2 different pain killers. I might have these backwards now but I believe one was Oxcycodon which I was to take 1 pill every 12 hours no matter what (this was the time released one), and also Oxcycotin which I was to take 1 pill every 4 to 6 hours as necessary (immediate pain relief). I was also told to start taking Colace which would help combat the constipation which they said the pain meds would cause (I wish I was more aggressive early on taking the Colace)

For the rest of today I only got up to go to the bathroom. I pretty much just lay on my couch with my leg raised, in my brace locked at full extension, and an ice pack on the knee (I tried my best to make sure the knee was iced 24/7 for at least the first 3 days – the ace bandages around my knee, and the brace, made it so I didn’t really feel too much of the cold).

I found initially I had to take the quick release pain meds every 3 hours – after taking one I would get about 1.5 hours where the pain was a 2, and then the next 1.5 hours the pain would shoot up to about a 6 or 7 – I was given the OK to take them this often initially.

I slept that night from about 11pm till 6am although I did not sleep well at all – I had no problem being awake to take my pain meds on time (I kept a notebook next to me to track when I took the pain medicine).

Also next to me I kept some books (which I did not feel ready to read for at least a week), telephone, remote for my TV, laptop, my girls Nintendo Wii, etc. I tried to make it so I had just about everything I could think of within arms reach.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:21:48 PM by Rob_W »
ACL Exercise Journal

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
Robs Allograft Diary - ACL/MCL/Lateral Meniscus - Day 1, 2
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 02:53:13 PM »
Day 1 – 7/18/07:

Stayed on the couch all day and night (except to go to the bathroom) and made sure I had ice on my knee at all times. The pain today was already getting more tolerable so I decided I would try taking the quick release pain meds every 5 hours instead of every 3 – this was a big mistake so immediately went back to every 3.

I am finding that putting some weight on my leg is getting easier (I am walking with both crutches at this point but putting a little weight on the leg) – I am still finding it difficult to get on and off the couch. I am drinking less water than I should be at this time because I am trying to keep the bathroom breaks to a minimum (at this point all I drink is water).

As of now (and will do this for the entire first week) I have not taken the brace off and have left it locked at full extension. I started doing some ankle pumps today.

I slept a little better tonight – I woke up once and watched a full movie, but other than that I slept more than I was awake (the pain wakes me up when it’s time to take my meds).

Day 2 – 7/19/07:

Again I iced and elevated all day today. The pain is now under control and I have started taking the meds once every 4 hours (I would say it ranges from 0/10 to 4/10 at the most).

I added doing the quad sets on my couch today.

I also went upstairs twice today (my bedroom and shower are upstairs). I took my first shower today – I wrapped a plastic garbage bag around my leg and taped it off. It wasn’t easy but I basically just stepped into the shower and stood with almost all my weight on my good left leg (which was a killer glute workout by the end). It felt great to shower and change my clothes.

I am still taking the Colace and still unable to go to the bathroom at this point.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:24:12 PM by Rob_W »
ACL Exercise Journal

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
Robs Allograft Diary - ACL/MCL/Lateral Meniscus - Day 3
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 03:06:38 PM »
Day 3 – 7/20/07:

Today was my 11 year anniversary with my wife – not the best way to spend it!

Started spacing the pain meds out about every 4.5 hours at this point.

I also went to my first PT session today. This was at the hospital and not my regular PT – I was told to do this one and then I could switch to my normal PT.

This was the first time I saw my knee – looked pretty good. The doctor and PT person thought the swelling was very minimal – one of the bandages of one of the portal incisions (one of the two small holes just below the knee cap) had a fair amount of blood. I remember at one point as I tried to get off the couch I heard and felt this bubbling noise/sensation – and they said that was just some of the excess blood being forced out.

The doctors and PT were surprised at how well my quads were doing too – I have minimal or no extension lag when doing leg raises without the brace on. They gave me the OK to do the leg raises without my brace (I still waited till the end of the 1st week before I started taking it off or unlocking it). I was given a list of PT exercises to do, but since I start with my regular PT next week I won’t detail these all out (the usual quad exercises, SLR’s and flexibility stretches). They told me whatever I did before the surgery obviously paid off since my quads did not really seem to shut down and I had very good control over the leg. My flexion was measured at 58 today.

Today at home I did go upstairs quite a few times (switching from the couch to my bed upstairs just for a change). I did one set of my new PT exercises today on my bed.

Today I also got a Don Joy Iceman – I was supposed to get it the day of surgery but they had run out (I can honestly say I used it twice, got sick of trying to fill it with ice and water and just went back to using two different gel packs).

Tonight I was able to go to the bathroom for the first time – not much, but it was a start. I’ve started to take more of the Colace at this point because I am starting to feel uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:25:28 PM by Rob_W »
ACL Exercise Journal

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
Robs Allograft Diary - ACL/MCL/Lateral Meniscus - Day 4, 5
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 03:24:01 PM »
Day 4 – 7/21/07:

Last night I took less pain killers and slept much better – I got around 7 or 8 hours of sleep and only got up once during the night (still sleeping on my couch downstairs).

I am still constipated so am taking the full recommended dose of Colace (for the 1st time). At this point I am also only taking the 12 hour release pain killers (1 every 12 hours) and have stopped the quick release pain meds altogether.

At 1:30pm today I finally really went to the bathroom!

I am doing 3 PT sets per day space apart every 3 to 4 hours. By the end of the day my leg was feeling pretty tired.

Day 5 – 7/22/07:

Now that I am just taking the pain killers every 24 hours I am sleeping better – more at night and less during the day.

I found my strengthening exercises easier to do today, but the bending ones are tough. I should have mentioned that at my first PT visit they measured my flexion at 58 and almost 0 extension (a few degrees short).

Today was thee first day I went outside in the backyard – I stayed out for all of about 5 minutes (we are having a heat wave) and then went back in.

Overall I can feel my right leg gaining strength, and my left leg is starting to feel a little overworked (especially the glutes when I stand in one spot for to long).
ACL Exercise Journal

Offline Rob_W

• Forum Faithful
Robs Allograft Diary - ACL/MCL/Lateral Meniscus - Day 6
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 03:31:15 PM »
Day 6 – 7/23/07:

Backed to being constipated today so started taking more Colace again.

I took another shower again today (this is really tough on my good leg).

I had my first PT session today with my regular PT. He thought my leg looked great and was amazed at how much control I had over my leg – he said my leg strength is close to where it is supposed to be at 6 weeks (he too said it was the pre-hab I did before hand that really makes a difference – I was probably in better shape going into surgery than I was the day before I injured myself).

At this point I was told to do the following 6 exercises twice per day:

1. Straight Leg Raises (on back propped on elbows) – Same as before, 2 sets of 15, make sure I fully contract, then raise, lower, and then fully relax.

2. Straight Leg Raises on side raising injured leg – 2 sets of 15.

3. Heel slides – 15 reps and hold each for 5 seconds.

4. Exercise Band around foot to work calf (like pressing and releasing a gas pedal) – 2 sets of 30.

5. Calf Stretch – Towel around foot, flex quad, press leg into floor slightly and pull back on foot. 3 sets of 20 seconds.

6. Quad Set – Put a small towel under knee, flex quad and press back of knee into the towel. 1 set of 20 and hold each rep for 2 seconds.

Did my second set of Pt at home tonight but skipped the bending exercises – my knee didn’t quite feel up to them again today.

(Edit - September 1, 2007) - I have started an online journal detailing out all of the PT exercises I am learning and at what stage I am learning them at: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=38562.0
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:40:26 PM by Rob_W »
ACL Exercise Journal