Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: question regarding knee crack/clicking  (Read 576 times)

Offline captshiner

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
question regarding knee crack/clicking
« on: August 03, 2007, 03:51:03 AM »
A few months back I was involved in a car accident which left me with a broken arm an injured back.   During this period I was out of the gym completely and lost quite a bit of muscle mass, specifically in my legs, which I had built up for years with squatting and such..

my question is in regards to why both my knees may be clicking and cracking.  They crack when I extend my leg then flex my quadriceps, and when I have my foot planted and sort of turn my upper leg - its quite annoying. I do notice that when quadriceps are 'pumped' from exercise, the cracking is less if I were to perform the same movements.    Is this some sort of tendon/ligament issue?   I am not 100% if the knees were making noise while my leg mass and strength were at their lowest.  Could it be that I had regained size and strength back quickly, or that I just had lost so much of the size initially?  thanks!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 03:53:13 AM by captshiner »

trainwreck

Re: question regarding knee crack/clicking
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 05:05:43 AM »
My knees always creak and crunch.  I thought it was due to bumps and such on the bottomside of my knee caps.  The noise always lessens for awhile after I have had the back of my knee caps shaved.  I am not sure I am explaining that correctly.  Honestly, I thought everyones knees made noise especially when they worked out and did squats etc...
trainwreck

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
Re: question regarding knee crack/clicking
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 04:14:33 PM »
This is pretty common, if there's no pain involved then you don't need to worry about it. Sometimes it's caused by an imbalance of muscles and once you get them built back up it will go away.

support