Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: straigh leg brace standard pre scope?  (Read 634 times)

Offline teresta10

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
straigh leg brace standard pre scope?
« on: August 02, 2007, 06:15:20 AM »
Im new around here, i've mainly been reading trying to get some idea of whats going on with my knee. i've had continuous knee pain for the past 6 years in my left knee. i originally injured it playing basketball when i was 13,  i dont remember exactly what happened except a loud pop and  not being able to walk afterwards. it was swollen from then for about a week, i never went to the doctor about it then because we couldnt afford it. About 3 years ago I got into seeing the doctor and got referred to an OS, they took an MRI. I have a bi-partite patella but other then that they didnt find anything. they put me through physical therapy because they thought i might be maltracking, but there wasnt any improvement after about 2 months.

1 month after i finished PT i got into a car accident and smashed the dashboard with my knees and broke it. My left knee was swollen and black for about a week and a half, i got XRays done but it didnt go further than that. About two weeks ago i went back to an OS and got another MRI, again they found nothing. My OS thinks I might have damage to the cartilage on the back of my knee cap, so they're going in for a scope next wednesday.

Im wondering what to expect with the scope and also wondering how common it is to be in a straight leg brace until they can do a scope. If it is damage to the cartilage there would they most likely be able to work on it during the scope? Again assuming it is cartilage damage there and that they were able to work on it, approximately how soon after would I be able to walk?(with or without the brace) Any insight anyone could give me would be great.

thanks
teresta