Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I had Carticel surgery on 07-20-07  (Read 22504 times)

Offline mccartjt

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Re: I had Carticel surgery on 07-20-07
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2009, 04:50:21 AM »
Has anyone found this website yet?

http://www.maci.com/genzyme-locations.aspx

Offline kevinnjaime

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2010, 04:41:34 AM »
Hey everyone,

I know it has been almost a year since I posted sorry.  A lot has happened since I was last on this site.  I was having my doubts about my OS so I went for my own second opinion and that OS said that he didn't think that I could go back to work as a police officer with the issues that I am still having.  Workmens comp also sent me for a FCE (functional capicity exam).  Which I failed for my knee, back and shoulder.  Only then my OS would give me a straight answer stating that he too felt that I wouldn't be able to return to work.  I then returned to my Borough and explained the situation to them and the great people that they are they decided to lay me off.  This was in January '10.  I then filed for my retirement through the pension system.  I am still waiting ugh......  I have begun to collect unemployment and it sucks.  I hate taking the money from the government.  I would much rather make the money myself but with the current economy there are no good paying jobs out there as I'm sure everyone knows.  I still also haven't had the cadiver graft done yet because well I'm just sick and tired of being laid up after surgeries and I'm playing Mr. Mom since my wife went back to work when I was laid off.  I guess it could be worse though.  I guess I will get off of my soap box.  Good luck to everyone out there dealing with pain and or surgeries.
Kevin
05-07 Meniscus tear cut out
07-07 Carticel implantation femoral condyle on left knee
03-09 Reinjured same knee during a car accident

Offline moviestarkneecap

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2010, 06:07:04 AM »
Hello Kevin!

I'm so glad i found this post.  I am curious on how you are doing after the surgery.

Heres my story...I am a correctional officer and i hurt myself at work as well.  I injured my knee last June and since then have had plenty physical therapy sessions one micro-fracture surgery, just went through a biopsy for my carticel surgery in 6 months.  The entire cartilage on my patella is not connected to the bone so that is why my doctor tried the mirco-fracture surgery first.  Since i have a LARGE area, Its going to take about 6 months to get my new cells back.  Since i've already been through 2 surgeries i'm starting to freak myself out about this next one.  I am hoping you can tell me how you've recovered since 2007.  I see you updated us and are now having problems with the work comp.  I am afraid something like this is going to happen to me as well.  Working in a jail...theres not a lot of desk jobs where i will have no inmate contact.  I really don't like the idea of going back to the jail and not feeling 100% (or even close to 100%).  As you know, being an officer you have to have to be on your toes and ready for anything.

Thanks for your time
D