Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ruptured quad in 11 year old boy  (Read 531 times)

Offline chrismom

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ruptured quad in 11 year old boy
« on: July 31, 2007, 03:53:32 AM »
Hi everyone!

I welcome any information and help that comes our way. 

My son fell a few months ago, my son fell and hurt his knee; so, we took him to the ER, they told us after X-Rays that it was not broken, just bruised.  We followed up with an Orthopedic Surgeon for several weeks and he saw the xrays and agreed.  In the meantime, we moved and he still wasn't back to his normal self.  I got all the medical records and took  him to see a new Doctor.  That's where we found out that it was a ruptured quad tendon.  He told us we should have had surgery sooner.  He referred us to another surgeon because of my son's age. 

So where we are now... Chris is having surgery this Thursday to repair the tendon.  They will have to use donor tissue because the tendon has shrunk a few centimeters.  I have not been able to find any information on children with this problem.  Thanks for your help.
Chrismom

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 206
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: ruptured quad in 11 year old boy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 07:11:42 AM »
Hi

Sorry to learn that your son is going to have his quad tendon repaired after such a long time.

If you let me have your e-mail address, I will send you some useful rehab information as your son is going to have some physio for quite some time.

Best wishes

JohnK/ Manchester UK
[email protected]
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon