Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: New to site - OATs Procedure.  (Read 771 times)

Offline hokiesean24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New to site - OATs Procedure.
« on: July 30, 2007, 04:58:05 PM »
Hello-  My name is Sean and I have just stumbled across your site.  I am 25 years old and heading in for my 5th knee surgery in about 2 1/2 weeks.  It is looking like they are going to be doing an OATs procedure on my right knee.  I coach HS wrestling and was injured on Dec. 26 and had surgery on Jan. 2 of this year to remove the pieces of bone in the picture.  The areas where the bone is missing is causing a lot of irritation and kept me from being able to do anything more than walk and get around, so they are going in to try the OATs to smooth these areas out under my patella.  Any thoughts or anyone been through a similar procedure? 

I know thats a small picture, sorry.  I can upload a better one later, the full res is on another computer.  For reference, the coin in the picture is a dime (USD). 

Thanks-

Sean

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: New to site - OATs Procedure.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 11:14:35 PM »
try posting in the arthritis section where they have O.A.T.S. procedure under the main heading. i believe that it is in the arthritis section, and someone there may be able to help.

srry bout the bum knee,
jak
TTT/Lateral Release/Chondroplasty: May 15th, 2009
Brostrom Reconstruction: Oct 16th, 2009

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline hokiesean24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 02:43:23 AM »
OK, will do. 

Thanks!

Offline TIBBAR

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Keep em Guessing?????????????
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 02:50:29 AM »
Hi
I realize this has nothing to do with your knee as my OP was completely different and I can't give you any help there,but I am interested to know if you are from the Virginia Tech area? Your screen name seems to indicate that. I live in Roanoke and am always interested in finding someone from this area on the forum. Sorry I can't help with your problem :-\               LAFALOT

Offline hokiesean24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 01:45:11 PM »
Hi
I realize this has nothing to do with your knee as my OP was completely different and I can't give you any help there,but I am interested to know if you are from the Virginia Tech area? Your screen name seems to indicate that. I live in Roanoke and am always interested in finding someone from this area on the forum. Sorry I can't help with your problem :-\               LAFALOT

Well, I am a VT grad, May 2004.  So, I am pretty familiar with that area.  I am from (and currently live) in Winchester, VA.  The very northern most tip of the state.  I make it down that way for all the football games.  WHICH, I just realized, may be a problem.  I guess that should be my new question-  how likely am I to be able to make the home opener, which with the events back in April is a CANT miss, a whole 15 days after having this procedure?!?!  This is not a good thing... how did I not think of this til now. 

Offline TIBBAR

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Keep em Guessing?????????????
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 01:59:54 PM »
OOPS!! Maybe you will just have to see it on TV  :'( :'( Glad to have you here. You should get a lot of fablous help here. All are very kind and many helpful. I wish you much luck with your OP.   CAROL

Offline hokiesean24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 02:49:16 PM »
OOPS!! Maybe you will just have to see it on TV  :'( :'( Glad to have you here. You should get a lot of fablous help here. All are very kind and many helpful. I wish you much luck with your OP.   CAROL

Thanks!  Once realizing the the blunder in scheduling I posted a thread in the appropriate section asking what I should expect 2 weeks post surgery, fingers crossed!  Good luck to you as well.  I may be back in some time asking about replacement surgeries, my original surgeon (who has done my first 4 operations) has told me I would probably have them both done by the time I was 35-40.