Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Waiting and Waiting...  (Read 1120 times)

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
    • My Facebook Profile
Waiting and Waiting...
« on: July 27, 2007, 06:05:21 PM »
I cant have my MRI results told to me over the phone. Last time, when I had an MRI of my knee, they told me on the phone that day after the MRI. They told me that it is to prevent any miscommunication over the phone. Does this mean that they have something to tell me??? like they found something????? I have an appt on tuesday, but i dont know how long my insurance is gonna last. >:( I really need these results and it is really really frustrating knowing that they have them and wont tell me. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

i will write when i know more
jak
TTT/Lateral Release/Chondroplasty: May 15th, 2009
Brostrom Reconstruction: Oct 16th, 2009

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Waiting and Waiting...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 08:09:24 PM »
Jak, patience. I have been waiting for different results all my life since I started with my knee problems in early teenage.
The best is always to get results while talking direct. Means no missunderstanding and also great explanation. You can more easily ask your own questions also. Tuesday is just 3 days from today. Keep occupied meanwhile.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 09:44:53 PM »
It just means they can't tell you anything over the phone. However, you can just go to the MRI place and pick up the radiologist report yourself. That's what I do if my follow-up appointment is a long way out. You have a right to your medical records and they can't refuse to hand it to you if you have an ID.

Offline costumer

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 11:00:12 PM »
Hi Jak,

You can always have them mail a copy of the report to you. last time I had MRIs, I had both knees done. So when I went back for the second one I picked up the report from the first, and then they mailed me the second report (they seemed to feel they COULDN'T do both knees on the same day!).

If you post the report, we can try to make sense out of the medicalese for you.

-Judy
Dx: bi-lat subluxating patellae w/chondromalacia 4/1977
6/78 LR - LK
1/80 TTT-Hauser LK; 12/80 Proximal Realignment Mystery- RK
1/82 Maquet TTT- LK
11/06 Meniscectomy; Mild OA- RK, 12/06 Meniscectomy; Mod OA- LK
3/07 Bi-lat severe arthritis
9/18/07 bi-lat TKR

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 11:55:30 PM »
i will post the report when i get it on monday.

thanks,
jak
TTT/Lateral Release/Chondroplasty: May 15th, 2009
Brostrom Reconstruction: Oct 16th, 2009

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline Leentje

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • ER nursing rules !!!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 05:20:20 PM »
Work in hospital and we never (and I repeat NEVER) give any information whatsoever via phone! Anyone can tell he's Jack whatshisname, and get information that doesn't belong to him. Been there, done that, esp. journalists are real ripoffs after accidents happened, NO-ONE, not even the police, gets inforamtion through phonecalls. (well, police only gets info or whether the persons condition is lifethreathening or not, and that's only from a Dr, we nurses tell NOTHING!)

Hang in there Jack, try living your life as normal as possible, and wait what they say on your next appt. Hope it's good for ya!

Helena
Bilat patellar malalignment/PFdysplasia
00/06/83 L wrist #
11/12/00 L knee LR + chondroplasty
21/08/02 L knee TTT
02/03/04 L knee stretched PCL
11/09/07 L ankle dislocation/medial avulsion #
25/05/09 L ankle medial avulsion # AGAIN!
05/06/13 R ankle dislocation

support