Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 12ft fall 2 weeks ago..now my knee hurts when I run. Ďanterior knee painí?  (Read 1584 times)

Offline meetingstars

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi everyone Ė I have what I think is called Ďanterior knee painí, the front-and-lower area of my knee (the patellar-ligament?) hurts when I squat, kneel, run, or sit down for extended periods. basically, it hurts when i bend my knee.

However, the pain wasnít caused by running or overuse - 2 weeks ago I jumped off a fence from a height of 12-15ft and landed on my feet on a hard surface. the pain stems from after this date.

I know this is very speculative, but is it possible that the extreme impact of the landing could have caused:

an imbalance of the muscle forces around the knee cap, causing it to pull laterally and produce abnormal stresses on the undersurface of the knee cap.

?

The pain is not excruciating, but id like to get it seen to asap. I have stopped running for the moment and I go swimming, hasnít made it better but hasnít made it worse, I suppose.

Could anyone recommend a good physiotherapist in North London? or do i even need one??

:)

Ben

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
A fall from 12-15 ft. could cause a great deal of damage. Skip the physical therapist and go straight to an orthopedic surgeon.