Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Hardware removal same time HTO on left leg  (Read 1147 times)

Offline HTOgirl

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hardware removal same time HTO on left leg
« on: July 20, 2007, 03:19:49 PM »
Hi there,

I am having an HTO on my left knee at the end of August and at the same time the doc is taking out the hardware on the right knee from an HTO in March 2006.  The doc says that the hardware removal is no big deal. I would like to hear from someone who has had it done.

Thanks
Paula

Offline Sandy_F

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
Re: Hardware removal same time HTO on left leg
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 03:40:35 PM »
I had the screws taken out from my leg in the doctor's office.  No crutches or anything.  I walked out with just a slight limp and a couple of bandaids covering the single stitch at each site.  I was sore for a couple of days but that was all.  After my TKR I also had a modified HTO and another screw was put in.  That one was also removed in the doctor's office. 
Right knee - 14 surgeries including a fulkerson, patellectomy and finally a TKR.  Left knee - Lateral release, microfracture, TKR, then another LR, spacer replacement.

Offline HTOgirl

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Hardware removal same time HTO on left leg
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 03:48:59 PM »
I have several screws and some staples.  The screws he would take out in his office but the staples have to be taken out while you are put out.  So having it done at the same time as the hto would save a trip to the hospital.

support