Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee Strap  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Ste1975

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee Strap
« on: July 13, 2007, 03:04:35 PM »
Hi
Does anyone have any info on where you get the knee straps from?

The one I want is the single wrap around the knee, but it has to be in white.

Need white as it will be less noticeable, also does anyone where one?

Thanks
Ste
Hurt knee 4th Sept 05
Arthoscopy 25th Oct, Ruptured ACL,maybe
MRI 6th April-Partial Tear
2nd MRI Feb 07, Partial Tear

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: Knee Strap
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 06:39:49 PM »
White is impossible to find since it's not a very practical color.  However there are a couple of straps that are beige/skin tone colored.  They would be your best bet.

Both are from Collin's sports medicine supplies  http://www.collinssports.com/products/searchResults.asp?sec=139&ssec=146&lc=SB

There is not a lot of evidence to support the use of knee straps.  I have worn one in the past for graft site morbity in my patellar tendon.  However, recently, I have been taping rather than wearing the strap since I've started to do more goalkeeper training.  I find the taping far more comfortable.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline april

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Knee Strap
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 02:48:56 AM »
Hi,

I believe a patellar tendon strap is the kind you're referring to? Where I am, they are not that difficult to find in drug stores. I bought mine from the local grocery/pharmacy store. It's a Tensor brand strap with a neoprene sleeve around it.

I got one because I have patellar tendinosis. After the most recent recurrence, I could not even walk without a significant amount of pain. Since I've started wearing the strap, it's been easier to carry out the basic activities of everyday life, like walking at work, housekeeping, etc... the strap reduced the pain quite a bit. It may not be the cure for the problem, but it's been a help in pain management, for me.

support