Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: HELP?!  (Read 881 times)

Offline litmysticelf

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Life is to Wacky without me helping!!!!
HELP?!
« on: July 12, 2007, 03:58:21 AM »
 ??? I am 28 years old and have had knee problems since I was 15. I have owed every brace invented, had several surgeries, and been told that eventually I will need to get a TKR. I can't have it now due to my age. My Rt Knee has had around 4 surgeries and spent several hundreds on PT only to be told that nothing is helping. My knee maltracks alot. On July 4,2007 I was shooting fireworks with my husband and two boys ages 9 1/2 and 5, when I squatted down to light one only to find that when I went to get up it locked, popped, and started swelling. The next day I went to OS. He said something about the Fulkerson osteotomy. My questions are: Will this really help relive the pain and let me play with my kids normally? How long is the recovery time? I have tried all meds. that I can and none help with pain or imflamation. I have also had the cortizone shot that lasted a whole 2 miinutes. Any advise oon this would be great. THANKS ;)

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: HELP?!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 08:36:32 PM »
hi,

i dont know much about that procedure, but here is a website that may help.....i hope it does.

http://www.wheelessonline.com/ortho/distal_realignment_for_patellar_subluxation
TTT/Lateral Release/Chondroplasty: May 15th, 2009
Brostrom Reconstruction: Oct 16th, 2009

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline kaie10

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 04:53:15 PM »
Hi there. I dont know if I will be of much help to you dear- but I believe we are in the same boat. I am having a Fulkerson Osteotomy on July 26th.  Two years ago I athroscopic surgery on my left knee to correct maltracking of my kneecap, well it wasnt succesful and Im having quite a bit of pain now.  The Osteotomy itself will require cutting of the bone and two screws after to hold the bone because they move it over to help the kneecap track more.  My doctor is doing this as an outpatient surgery- which i dont agree with and im trying to go against it and have him keep me in the hospital because its important someone is with me the next few following days...and you will wear a brace that allows minimal movement, its adjutable, i think it had hinges ont he side- and it will be custom fit to your leg.  Im only staying out of work for two weeks, and then I can return and sit with my leg elevated.  Now, for you, your also young like myself- Im 22- so we will heal much faster as opposed to someone older who is trying ot heal...my doctor has assured me this is the answer and he is one of the best doctors in my area.  Do as much research as you can, I got a second opinion and the doctor also said to have the same procedure.  Get a second opinion if you feel uncomfortable.  If you have any other questions feel free to ask :)

Offline litmysticelf

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Life is to Wacky without me helping!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 05:47:16 PM »
Thanks for all you help everyone. I went to my Doctor on Friday the 13th and he discovered that I had this operation already when I was 15. The only thing that they didn't do was the tilt part. So I am back to square one. Pain and misery till I'm old enough to have the tkr.

support