Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Snapping sounds on medial side of knee  (Read 1012 times)

Offline floorman

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Snapping sounds on medial side of knee
« on: July 12, 2007, 01:26:10 AM »
I had surgery two years ago to repair a small osteoarthritis on the back of the femur and the medial plica was removed. I have had some instability first thing in the morning if I step up onto a curb with that knee first, but then it is OK the rest of the day. Today I got out of my car after an hours drive and my knee started to make snapping sounds at the medial side of the knee cap. A little lower than the kneecap though and there was slight pain if I tilted my leg left and right with my foot planted. Then 30 minutes later it was normal. Again first thing in the morning. Any comments would be appreciated.

Offline floorman

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Snapping sounds on medial side of knee
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 03:50:34 PM »
I saw my Orthopedic surgeon Friday and he said that on occasion plica or a segment of that floating tissue will get caught between moving bones and that that will cause the pain and snapping sounds. He said that it happens to him in his ankles on rare occasion. He said my knee was good. He still recommends the use of Glucosamine mixes even if JAMA says they serve little purpose. My doctor has used the mix for 9 years.