Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: thought i would introduce myself  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Liesa

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Liesa xxx
thought i would introduce myself
« on: December 09, 2007, 10:12:39 AM »
Hello all
my name is Liesa, i am 47 years old and come from Brighton East Sussex UK
I am very happily married to Steve hes also 47 and we have been married for almost 28 years, we have 6 children ranging from 27 to 12, 2 boys 4 girls, we also have 6 grandchildren with a further 2 coming along in springtime,2 boys and 4 girls again different parents..... ::)
my hobbies apart from our newly aquired great dane puppy called Diesel is building/decorating a dolls house, its a 1/12th scale, only found out i was interested in this by chance, didnt realise everything you have in your own home you can get in miniature form for dolls houses, i dont have any pictures on this laptop yet so cant show you at the moment
hubby is into motorbikes and naturally it rubs off a little bit on me, i dont ride them nor go as a pillion passenger but do share his enthusiasm

i have had palindromic rhuematism for 23 years now and am told it was the start of RA 23 years ago, i get pain swelling and stiffness in almost every joint including my ribcage which gives the impression of heart pain?
this year june 2007 i had a total knee replacement and it hasnt worked, i then went back in for an arthroscopy 3 weeks ago again it didnt find the cause of my pain which is worse now then before the knee replacement op
i get very low and tearful, i dont get out to much because of the stiffness and pain in my leg, and Steve has just bought me an automatic car which does give me a little more freedom if i want it
think that'll do for now dont wanna send you to sleep........ ;) ;)
this is the dolls house Steve and i started building, have done a lot more to it so need to get fresh pics

this is me and the youngest Lauren shes 12, we were on holiday in florida in sept this year

Liesa xxx
arthroscopy  sept 2006
TKR  failed  june 2007
arthroscopy november  2007

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: thought i would introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 10:20:08 AM »
Hey and welcome here !!
I hope this site and the people here will give you the feed back you need and maybe also some answers.
My name is Nettan and I am an old member on this site.
Just some questions and thoughts.
If you go down further on this site and post in the TKR section you will get best feed back on your problems.
Second is how is your pain, can you describe that more ? Has anyone thought of this is some kind of nervpain ?
Anyway welcome here.

Nettan 8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Liesa

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liesa xxx
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 10:13:56 PM »
Hi Nettan
just to answer your question before going down the board abit
i was on gabapentin for a few months in the later part of the summer
i havent slept properly for the last 3 nights and am getting very low about my knee this was meant to be a new beginning for me, free from the pain i had endured over 8 years or so but now the pain is worse then ever before i wish i had never had the knee replaced at all,
i have felt these last few nights that as i go to either get up or turn over in bed the knee cap tries but cant move causing me to feel like my knee cap has locked but i can move it its just the intense pain with it, if i keep my leg straight it doesnt hurt anywhere near it had, also my knee gives way especially when i walk down a slope or hilly pavement
anyway thanks for the welcome
will go nose around the forum thanks again xxx
love
Liesa xxx
Liesa xxx
arthroscopy  sept 2006
TKR  failed  june 2007

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 10:34:13 PM »
Hi Liesa...My name is Ronnie and like Nettan I'm an  "old" member of the site altho I've been away from the Board for quite a time.....Welcome! this is a great place to share and vent and get good info...hang in there..things will get better....In fact I feel like I'm new myself as I've been away so long....

Have a great night.....I liked the pictures....

Cheers....

Ronnie 
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Liesa

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liesa xxx
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 07:18:16 PM »
Hi Ronnie, thanks for the warm welcome, am finding out some great valable tips here things i can discuss with my Dr, you get to a point when you just dont know where or whom to turn to anymore

thanks
love
Liesa xx
Liesa xxx
arthroscopy  sept 2006
TKR  failed  june 2007

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 08:20:23 PM »
Hi Liesa

welcome to the board!

So sorry your tkr has not been good - I had one in jul 06 - it has been very good.

I am just up the road from you in Kent - oh alright about 50 miles !

Hope you find all the answers you need!

Good luck and happy new year!
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline Liesa

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liesa xxx
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 08:43:29 PM »
awww thanks been up to kent many times, hubby buys and sells motorbikes and seemed to have bought and sold alot there also hubby does the ham street autojumbles

im on a right downer at the moment cos of the lack of sleep however i did get some sleep last between 2am and 9 so very good for me, didnt hear my daughter come to ours after an appointment at the Drs opposite our house, she also came upstairs and banged on the bedroom door i didnt hear a thing, not sure what time we plan to go to bed this evening but my pain hasnt been as bad today
gonna see the new year in

happy new year to you to xxx

Liesa xxx
arthroscopy  sept 2006
TKR  failed  june 2007

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 08:50:52 PM »
good to hear you have had a better night - luckily when you cant sleep you can come online and find others here all night!

I find I get worse when the weather is cold and damp - think I was born in the wrong country!
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 10:15:26 AM »
Hi Liesa,

Happy New Year! Hope you're feeling better and are getting some more sleep....I've had several nights of no or little sleep the past few nights so I certainly can empathize....Hope you had a good New Year's Eve.  I read some of your posts and it seems you're had a rough go....Hang in there feel free to post if you have any questions.....I have found this site to be very helpful and supportive filled with folks who understand the frustration of chronic knee problems.

Cheers,

Ronnie
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Liesa

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liesa xxx
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 11:37:55 AM »
Thanks Ronnie
i am in a lot of pain at this moment, i have been taking aspav that the Dr gave me last week and it seemed to have been doing something but i cant take them all the time as it isnt practical if i want to go out (chance would be a fine thing) i would be to drowsy at the wheel,
having said all this about my pain we that is hubby Steve and i have been taking our puppy out for a walk for the last 5 days it think, thought i get pain from doing nothing so why not get more pain from doing something i enjoyed?? we took our great dane puppy called Diesel for walks through woods, he was loving it and is a bit down this morning as Steve has gone back to work, so he will have to wait till late tonight as i cannot manage him on my own, hes nearly 7 months old and such a darling, will try and add a picture

think i have posted his picture on another thread but these are the last few taken of him, my baby x
i love this site its so informative and friendly xx thanks to you all xx
Liesa xxx
arthroscopy  sept 2006
TKR  failed  june 2007

support