Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Post Fulkerson/TTT 2years ago...More Problems..Help!!s  (Read 736 times)

Offline lmhluvsdolphins

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Post Fulkerson/TTT 2years ago...More Problems..Help!!s
« on: July 09, 2007, 05:39:27 AM »
Hi Guys

I use to be on here all the time, however not so much anymore, however I have come back, as everyone here has always given me GREAT advice before, I need some more!! I had my Fulkerson/TTT on my left knee about 2 years ago, I then had my screws taken out 1 year ago as well as alot of scar tissue removed and my drained as well.  Well here lately my knee has been killing me, it is a totally different color than my right knee, sort of purple in color, it is in alot of pain, and swell when ever I stand.

Has anyone had this happen so long after the surgery?? If so what did you do?? I currently don't have insurance and wont have it for another year and a 1/2 till I graduate nursing school, but I don't think that I can keep on like this my knee hurts!! Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks, Lisa
Lisa - Fulkerson 8/4/05

Offline fire535

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
Re: Post Fulkerson/TTT 2years ago...More Problems..Help!!s
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 07:04:16 AM »
Can you get insurance through your school as a student?  You need to be seen by a doctor for evaluation of your current situation.

Offline Leentje

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • ER nursing rules !!!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 11:20:39 AM »
Hiya Lisa (and future collegue!!)

I was reading your post, still on here 5 years post surgery, more for giving advicce than I have problems myself!

First thing that flew through my mind was RSD... Don't panic, maybe it's not that! But I woud say try getting help, make an appt. with an OS and get that knee sorted out! I am very happy with my TTT, as I said earlier in another post I might make a photo diary one day to let you guys see how I do in daily life, most would be surprised that full activity is possible (well, I am doing even more than that!!!!)

Soit, get it seen to, the longer you wait, the harder it will get! Hope everyhting turns out to be good, and your pain will get less!!

Helena x
Bilat patellar malalignment/PFdysplasia
00/06/83 L wrist #
11/12/00 L knee LR + chondroplasty
21/08/02 L knee TTT
02/03/04 L knee stretched PCL
11/09/07 L ankle dislocation/medial avulsion #
25/05/09 L ankle medial avulsion # AGAIN!
05/06/13 R ankle dislocation

Offline lmhluvsdolphins

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 09:27:15 PM »
I have insurance from my school however it only covers things over $2000 dollars.  What is RSD?  Some people have told me just to go to an ER where they can evaluate me and I can set up a payment plan since most dr. offices will not work with you.  I know that I have to do something as my knee is just awful. After standing up all day my knee turns purple, it swells, and I can feel the fluid in it.  I am just unsure of what this could be.  Please help!!
Lisa - Fulkerson 8/4/05

support