Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: new and need help  (Read 905 times)

Offline birdlady

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
new and need help
« on: July 07, 2007, 11:05:54 PM »
ok since 1995 i have had 3 tears to my inside cartilage. same knee. now i have my mri results in again. this time its on outside. "probable tear of the posterier horn of the medial meniscus extending from a degentritive pit" ok. almost 40 female occaption is a CNA for over 20 years. not really active. what would be my choices here.? see an ortho at end of month. would a partial knee ,full knee or a meniscus transplant? also wondering why i keep tearing my knee. any suggestions?
3 repaired torn cartilages since 1995.
going on 4th one.

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
Re: new and need help
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 07:01:35 PM »
From the little you posted I wouldn't think a knee replacement the best idea.  Have your OS take a good look at your knee.  He may suggest a scope of the knee. This is not a major surgery, I was back at work in a week after the last scope I had.  MRIs can get tricky with menicus injuries, my last one said a tear, but the OS found that it was intact when he went it, but did find some torn cartilage on the back of the knee cap.  As for why it keeps tearing for you.  It seems like once the cartilage gets damamged for whatever reason, it stays weak and is easily torn.  Ice the painful knee and prop it up when you can.  Rest when it's really painful.  You will get tired of hearing RICE.  Rest Ice Compression Elevation.  It does help.  The only way to really know what is going on in the knee is for your OS to go in and have a look.

Good luck to you.
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline birdlady

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 03:53:17 AM »
ok went to see the doc today. good and bad.  good is she doesnt think its tore. so she wants me to do the following... rehab for 3 weeks 2 to 3 times a week. if still not better then a seris of Hyalgan shots. still hurts then doing a dye mri to see what is going on. 
3 repaired torn cartilages since 1995.
going on 4th one.

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 04:56:10 PM »
I hope the PT goes well for you and I hope it helps you out.  Sometimes just keeping the quads and hammies strong can make a difference.  Let me know how PT goes for you.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.