Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MORE!!!!  (Read 1210 times)

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
    • My Facebook Profile
MORE!!!!
« on: July 03, 2007, 05:02:08 PM »
my mom met this guy last nite, he was soccer coach and he gave me numbers for an OS and a chiropractor that he strongly recommended!!!
my mom is going to take me to them, after pain management if they dont find out what is wrong.

im so excited,
jak
TTT/Lateral Release/Chondroplasty: May 15th, 2009
Brostrom Reconstruction: Oct 16th, 2009

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
Re: MORE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 05:50:37 PM »
Good luck.  Hopefully between an OS and pain management they can get you sorted out.
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 06:09:07 PM »
Be careful with chiropractors, i'm all for them and have had great success with my back problems and hip problems... but sometimes they can be a little.. over zealous. it's not the same as a regular doctor who takes a look at the problem an prescribes a treatment. I mean chiropractors prescribe treatment but it's moving and rearanging of bones...  after speaking with a friend who is an osteopath, i'd be more inclined to go after an Osteopath, they do similar stuff but they set the body up to adjust itself, rather than forcing things to where they should be.
Just a thought.
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 07:04:33 PM »
well, i am not a person for people cracking my back and bones for me. thats my job.

thanks so much,
jak ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D~everything is starting to work out~ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
TTT/Lateral Release/Chondroplasty: May 15th, 2009
Brostrom Reconstruction: Oct 16th, 2009

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 09:44:12 PM »
I'd stay away from chiropractors. You don't want them anywhere near your near, especially without a diagnosis. In fact they shouldn't be touching you at all without a diagnosis. Some of them will just crack you for the sake of it.

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 06:58:59 PM »
I agree.  I'm not sure how much benefit chiropractic care is.  I personally don't trust it much.  My primary doc is a osteopathic doc and they do similar procedures, but he knows my whole history. 
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline knee-will-be-great

• Forum Faithful
  • Open-wedge HTO & ACL allograft done (YES!)
    • ACL Allograft #3 Post-Surgery Rehab/Wellness Diary
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 02:53:38 PM »
I would stay away from chiropractors.  In fact, some physicians I know refuse to care for a patient who has had chiropractic treatment.  One of the questions the emergency medicine doctors ask people who come into emergency with a sore neck is "Have you ever seen a chripractor?"  Some chiropractors see cracking the neck and craking joints as the end all a be all of treatment - but it is not appropriate.  You should be seeing a sports medicine physician IMHO.

I went to see a chiropractor (years ago) when I strained my back, thinking that they did massage therapy.  The chiropractor suggested that he could not only fix my back with a few adjustments to my neck by cracking it (not an option), but that he could also fix my crappy, ACL-deficient knee with additional treatments and "adjustments" to my neck.  I was out of there - very, very quickly - with a thanks but no thanks to all of his suggested options.

Stay away from Chripractors; at least this is my humble opinion.  They have no place in assisting a person's knee-related ports injuries.  Becuase you have ligamentous laxity throughout your body, a chiropractor working on you could cause a great deal of harm.

Stay away from them. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 03:01:40 PM by knee-will-be-great »
Medial Menisectomy, 1 ACL Autograft, 3 ACL Allografts, HTO, numerous debridements, good now :)
ACL Allograft #3 Post-Surgery Rehab/Wellness Diary http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=37218.0;all
ACL Reconstruction VIDEOS http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=37773.0

Offline Berta

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • Much to young to feel this dam old, Garth Brooks
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 09:17:58 PM »
In defence of chiropractors, we had a great one, who treated my husbands back, and he had no further problems, he also helped my sons problem with his neck. He treated me for years and managed my back pain well.

I agree be cautious, and I'm not sure of their abiility to deal with knees, but I wouldn't condem the whole profesion out of hand, there are good and bad out there, the same as any other group.
6th Dec 2007 arthoscropy, major debridement and meniscus trimmed
Jan 08 2008 Arthritis grade 2/3 told to wait until TKR needed.
August 2010 Left knee arthroscopy

Offline bungleg

• Regular Poster
  • my tpf hardware
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 01:54:53 PM »
jak personally i have never been to a chiro and never will .my brother had back pain and went to one for two years but kept on complaining that his back was sore. after telling him to go and see a gp and give the chiro the flick he eventually listened to me and sore a doctor, turned out he had stomach ulcers.pain can be a weird and confusing thing and can travel to different parts of your body,so stick with your docs etc and wait until you get your mri results
30/08/05 tpf, plate 8 screws and bone graft, pivot brace 5degs movment, 12weeks nwb, pt, leg stuck at 45deg
30/11/05 got leg straight phone books came in handy,rom 60degs,hydro,pt, start wb increase 10kg per week
01/03/06 full wb rom 95
may 06 rom 110
nov 06 screws + plate removed arthroscopy