Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: A very special person...  (Read 2808 times)

Offline chica_2626

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Why knees?
A very special person...
« on: July 06, 2003, 07:25:44 AM »
I just wanted to post and ask everyone to spare a moment for our good friend Grace.  She has always been there supporting people and helping them out and she hasn't been receiving that back much on here lately.  She's had pretty major surgery and is having a rough time with recovery and could use all of our support and love and well wishes and prayers and whatever you can do.  She is a very special person and is always thinking of others and how she can help them out.  She was one of the first friends I made on this forum and has always been there when I need someone to talk to.

I have noticed lately when she's posted she hasn't gotten many replies when asking for advice or help.  I've tried to give her the most information I can, but not having had a TTT, I can only offer so much.  I know others have had knee surgery recently or are facing it and I feel that they are being overshadowed by other things.  Grace needs our love and support right now, and she's been slowly fading away and I don't want this to happen.  It's hard feeling ignored or unappreciated and Grace does not deserve to feel either.  Please say a prayer or send good wishes to her right now in her difficult time!!!!!

Rachel
Lateral Release Right Knee 6-21-02
Peroneal Brevis Tendon Repair Right Ankle 6-29-05

Kolleen

Re: A very special person...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2003, 07:29:48 AM »
I definetly send all of my thoughts and prayers to Grace.  I wish I could offer her some advice, however I have only had two arthroscopies within the last two years.  Wishing her recovery goes smoothly.
-Kolleen

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2003, 07:30:43 AM »
Hi...

I try to answer any post that I can offer something helpful to--and I talk to Grace a  lot, but I also do not know much about her procedure...

But I whleheartedly agree with you that she is special and kind and supportive and caring and just wonderful.  I am very glad to be able to lift her in my prayers and thoughts.

I'm glad she has a friend like you Rachel and the respect and love from so many other knegeeks as well...

Big hugs to you both, Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Stacey

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2003, 07:39:19 AM »
Rachel I totally agree, it is such a shame when some people dont get many responses after posting so many.  Unfortunatly I havent had much time to post anything lately (other that a few here and there) betwee working full-time, part-time courses for school and babysitting but everyone on this board is always in my heart and I am always wishing them only the best.  

Stacey

Offline Emily

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2003, 08:03:07 AM »
I hope thing begin to get easier for Grace soon! Sending lots of good vibes, hugs and well wishes!!

Emily
Right Knee- 10-14-03- LR, TTO, Scope, Plica excision
               4-20-04- Scope, screw removal, scar tissue clean up

Left knee- subluxing, maltracking & malaligned-not ready to start treatmet..

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2003, 08:15:47 AM »
I've known Grace both on here and the old board and her kindness and compassion for others has amazed me,she's been through a lot herself yet always has concern and kind words for others.

Gracie is a marvellous young woman who I admire, I must admit to not having seen her posts lately due to being in hospital but she's supported me so much in the past that I wish to repay that to her.

Grace- please let god keep you safe and help you over come the diificulties you might be having since your surgery- you are very much appreciated and valued- Your friend Rachel is a testament to the people you've helped. Please Lord give Grace the strength to get through this patch and bless her with health and happiness and please bless her friend Rachel for being there for Gracie, let that be a lesson to us all

Offline Ross

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • it only hurts when I larf!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2003, 12:48:29 PM »
I pray that God bless Gracie with the healing she so truly deserves.  She always bounces back no matter how bad things have been.  That strength and resilience of character is rare and she deserves a positive outcome after the discomfort of this last lot of surgery.
I'm a grumpy old bear with a busted knee.  The growling you hear is my tummy rumbling!

Helen_uk

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2003, 09:36:25 PM »
Hey grace get better soon I know you havent been around for a while but you are missed And I will be thinking of you.
H xxxx ;D

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2003, 02:56:57 AM »
Best wishes for a full recovery and a more liveable life for Grace, sorry I haven't posted anything to her... I have been off and on, and well I haven't had a TTT, and dont' feel I have much to offer in the way of advice.
HUGS, HEALING
and HORSE SLOBBER
Linds ;D
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

SL99

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2003, 06:18:27 PM »
Hey Gracie, sending you a big fat hug and letting you know I'm thinking of you and here if you need me anytime. I hope that you are getting stronger every day and that your recovery is progressing.

Take care and remeber we're with you all the way!

Love and hugs......Jo
xxx

Offline Lizzie - UK

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Fibromyalgia diagnosed Dec 2003 - OA in both knees
    • E30 Zone
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2003, 07:41:23 PM »
Gracie

Know that I am here for you and that I am so sorry if I haven't been around for you.  Life has been a bit hectic since the beginning of May with my whirlwind of injuries and hospital stays!!

I'm afraid - well not actually! that I have not had a TTT - if you know what I mean ;) :-[  

As I have not had this procedure, I have not been able to respond to your posting as I don't know anything about it.  

I just want to send you my love and lots of hugs and a message to say that I am here for you and if I can help you, I will surely try.

All my love
Lizzie xxx
Past History of L&R Knee
Bilateral OA
Medial Meniscal Tears
Lateral Releases & Medial Reefings
Ruptured LCL, MCL & PCL
Adhesions in the interconylar notch of ACL removed
Suprapatella plication
Debridements/Lavages
Deep chondral fissure in crest of patella
Awaiting MRI - LK
TKR - RK

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2003, 12:31:51 AM »
I just wanted to send my good wishes and thoughts to Grace too. I know she has been through alot with her surgery and having had a TTT and 2 weeks ago a revision of that TTT, I know that it is a really hard surgery to recover from. If Grace needs any help or advice or anything, I'm always more than happy to give her any advice that I can. I know that we haven't heard from her in awhile so I really hope things are going okay for her!!

Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2003, 07:32:50 AM »
Sending more hugs and support to Grace and hoping that she soon feels well enough to return and post here as she is sorely missed.

Iona

Offline Marriah

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • I Love Le-Lu!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2003, 03:34:42 PM »
Hugs to you Grace, I really hope you're doing alright.

Love,
Marriah
May 02 nondisplaced spiral fracture, rt leg, below knee,incompetant dr.,now I have a piece of bone sticking up at the top of tibia, scope Nov 02...July 10, 03 had osteotomy,a plate,6 screws,ACL recon