Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Fluid in knee  (Read 1313 times)

Offline holly101

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Fluid in knee
« on: June 25, 2007, 10:38:36 PM »
I had the fluid drained from my knee on Friday 6/22.  As of today my kne is bigger than it was when they drained it on Friday.  I have a previous post in here under Need Advice that gives a little history of what is going on.  What I really am trying to figure out is, what happens if they keep draining fluid and it keeps filling back up?  I am keeping it elevated and iced as much as possible.  Is there anything else anybody can suggest to help get rid of this.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Fluid in knee
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 11:20:18 PM »
Are you elevating above heart ? You probably are, but just a thought.
What about ankle pumps..can you do that and are you allowed ? Could help with the fluid get moving around.
Could also take some time to get the swelling down.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline holly101

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 11:29:39 PM »
Yes it elevated and using plenty ice.  I talked to my new PT and he also suggested the ankle pumps and I am doing quad sets to help strengthen the muscle in the leg.  I just told the doctors nurse that unless they knocked me out there was no way I was letting them drain my Knee again (lol).

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 05:53:00 AM »
Hopefully they won't need to knock you out LOL
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.