Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MRI Report and questions  (Read 712 times)

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
MRI Report and questions
« on: June 23, 2007, 03:57:13 AM »
I finally received a copy of my mri and was hoping someone could help me understand what it says.

"Abnormal horizontal linear intrameniscal signal in the posterior horn to midbody of the medial meniscus extends to the inferior articular surface and is most suspicious for a frank tear."  It says more but that was the opening sentence.

"A localized mutilseptated csytic collection measuring up to almost 2cm in proximal to distal extent, up to almost 3cm transverse diameter and up to 1.2 cm in anterior to posterior dimension is noted about the lateral knee joint compartment posterolaterally and posterirly, just above the proximal tibifibular joint.  The cyst apperars to represent a ganglion/synovial and extends to the superior aspect of the proximal tibifibual joint which may be its origin."

The final paragraph lists  - mutisepated cystic collection posterior to lateral knee joint - probable oblique linear tear of posterior horn of medical meniscus.

So I'm looking for someone to explain this to me.  My pain has always been on the lateral side at the tibia.  I've been in pt for a month and muscle pain is much better however, I'm having more and more tingling pins and needles type of pain.  Let me know what you think.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: MRI Report and questions
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 12:22:54 PM »
The final paragraph lists  - mutisepated cystic collection posterior to lateral knee joint - probable oblique linear tear of posterior horn of medical meniscus.

What this is saying is that there is some ganglion, synovial cysts at the posterior (back ) of the lateral side of the knee joint.  It also goes on to say that there is likely a linear tear of the posterior (back portion) of the medial meniscus, that's the one to the inside of the knee joint. 

1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?