Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Really need reassurance  (Read 579 times)

Offline soccerbug

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Really need reassurance
« on: June 22, 2007, 02:13:15 AM »
Ok here's my history: I had a torn lateral meniscus about 7 years ago and had part of it snipped off. Recently my knee has been hurting a lot so i went to my OS. He said I have patella femoral chondromalacia (sp?)

The only thing is my Physical therapist thinks it's a meniscus tear and so do I. It swells up from just normal walking around. It hurts when I go up and down stairs and when I bend my knee there's a little popping. My knee cap is not tracking properly for sure but what I'm wondering is if these other symptoms are also part of the PFC? Could it be a lateral tear again (the pain is on the outside of my knee, the bottom right area of my knee gets really swollen all the time)

I had an MRI done on Tuesday. They received a preliminary report and I was told there was no meniscus tear. Could it appear on the full report? I just don't want him to brush me off and for my knee to always hurt. I'm 21 and think I'm too young not to play soccer or run anymore  :-[ Any advice or reassurance would help.  Thanks for listening
03/2000 Partial menisectomy (lateral meniscus)
05/2007 Patella chondromalacia
09/2007 patella clean up and menisectomy (lateral meniscus)

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Really need reassurance
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 06:17:06 PM »
I know how it feels to "be brushed off." the docs (3 docs, 1 OS) tell me that nothing is wrong, just because something isnt showing up on the MRI or xrays, yet i am in constant pain 24/7.

Here is a website, that may offer some answers:
http://www.spinalhealth.net/inj-pat.html

hope it helps,
jak
TTT/Lateral Release/Chondroplasty: May 15th, 2009
Brostrom Reconstruction: Oct 16th, 2009

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

support