Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: scar tissue after arthroscopy?  (Read 2191 times)

Offline del

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
scar tissue after arthroscopy?
« on: June 20, 2007, 05:30:21 PM »
hi,i dont know to much about scar tissue perhaps you could advise me,but i had a knee op 2 1/2 months ago ive done everthing by the book in regards to resting,stretching isometric exercises the knee felt great until a couple of days ago when it became stiff and started clicking alot and making alot of noises,i had  suttering trimming and staples its not my first op,the knee isnt locking anymore which is good,so just wondering if this could be scar tissue from arthroscopy perphaps,what kind of symptoms do you get?
thanks   

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: scar tissue after arthroscopy?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 09:03:35 PM »
Could you be more specific on what you exactly was done during the arthroscopy.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline del

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 10:14:38 PM »
 stapling to medial meniscus shuttering?to the lateral meniscus

Offline ex-gymnast

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 12:45:49 AM »
when I had scar tissue build up it didn't hurt, I just couldnt move my knee.  The scarring was keeping the knee from bending because of where it sat.  I was so frustrated because I didn't hurt but couldn't move.
If I knew I'd be like this now, I'd do it all again.
1998- Lf ACL replace (failed)
1998- Lf ACL replace (worked)
1998- Rt LR
1999- Rt Scope
2000- Rt ACL replace
2001- Rt hardware replace
2002- Rt Scar Tissue Removal
2005- Rt Pattella Scraped
2009- Rt clean-out the mess
To Come: 2 Replace

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 06:26:32 PM »
You need to talk with your OS about your current problems.  Although it could be scar tissue, it sounds more like further mensical degeneration.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

redtoblack

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 07:29:36 PM »
It doesn't sound like scar tissue to me, but only your OS will know for sure.  I have scar tissue in my knee and it causes some pain and it makes me have limited ROM.  You should go get it checked out to see if maybe the meniscus is damaged again.

Offline del

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 12:23:17 PM »
im going to see the os next week,i think there maybe a little scar tissue i also think my IT band is tight and has been pulling the kneecap as i do have pain around the tiblia maybe this is why its swollen? my ROM isnt as it was,just hoping no damage to the cartiledge!