Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Surgery  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Berta

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • Much to young to feel this dam old, Garth Brooks
Re: Surgery
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 09:46:18 PM »
Make sure you leave yourself enough time to recover before going back to work, don't want to undo all the good work by being in a hurry. How long have you known about the tear and the cyst? Just seeing how long it takes to get from diagnoses to treatment. Good luck for the op, and keep in touch
6th Dec 2007 arthoscropy, major debridement and meniscus trimmed
Jan 08 2008 Arthritis grade 2/3 told to wait until TKR needed.
August 2010 Left knee arthroscopy

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 04:50:30 PM »
LOL, yea that does suck. I havent had that happen yet but when Im sitting down indian style and try to get up I have to catch myself on something and my fiance laughs at me. I just hope it doesnt take me too long to recover also Im only going to take a week off from work and hoepfully Ill be ok to go back to work, I got rid of my stick shift and bought an automatic just because of that.

Angela,

You can still sit indian style?  I'm so jelous.  I haven't been able to do that with out my knees screaming for years lol.  Oh well.  As far as driving goes, I managed to drive with my left foot.  It's not easy, but doable.  Good luck.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline jbksmomma

• Regular Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 07:24:39 PM »
Lol, I can sit indian style but it hurts when I get up. My dr told me I would be out of work for 2 weeks but I dont have any vacation or sick time yet so Im going to try and go back in a week. Ill see how I feel first.  rm185western... I found out about the cyst in Dec 04, that OD didnt want to do anything then so I found another OS that is supposed to be really good and as soon as he saw my MRI report he said "we can do 2 things, cortizone shots or I can schedule you for surgery" I said go ahead and schedule for surgery Im tired of dealing with this. So it took a really long time, I guess I just had to find the right OS.
Cyst and 2 tears in meniscus 6/07
OS has no more ideas refered to Pain management 7/07

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 04:50:30 PM »
I hope your surgery goes well.  I am looking forward to mine as well.  I hope is gets rid of the pain and the "stuffed" feeling behind my kneecap.  Last time I had a scope I went back in a week.  I just took it easy.  I thankfully have very understanding co-workers.  Just remember to listen to what your knee is telling you.  If it says get off me, do so as soon as you can.  I did go home total beat after work for a while.

Best of luck.  Let us know how you do.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.