Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Yay! Some good news  (Read 730 times)

Offline kraizeemom

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Yay! Some good news
« on: June 14, 2007, 12:51:11 PM »
Some good news!  The doctor finally called me with the final results of the bone scan, and they could not find a stress fracture in the shin, as previously suspected, and that I could wean myself off of that walking boot.  Basically, I got off of the phone, and threw the boot across the room...weaned!  ;D Wow, I hate that thing.  I was told that I could start up with physical therapy again, which I have.  They want to rebuild some of the muscle mass that I have lost in the past couple of weeks, and she checked out where it has been painful in the shin of my leg, and she believes it is more like a shin splint/tendonitis issue that she also wants to work on.

I also talked to my dr. about this idea to do a losee procedure on my knee after I do a lot of hamstring strengthening.  He said his first goal was not to do the surgery, but actually to prevent having to do it.  He wants to see how the physical therapy comes along before he makes any kind of decision about the surgery.  If I get over this rotation problem well, he doesn't want to do the surgery.  Here's hoping!  4 surgeries is enough... don't want any more!!!

Looking for a sit down job.  I don't really want to change jobs, but I'm not doing well in the job I have.  I am a CNA and a housekeeper in the retirement home facility I work at.  It's not exactly the work to be doing after bilateral lateral releases and bilateral fulkerson osteotomies w/ patellar tendon allografts, y'know?

Have a good day, and wish me luck!

Angie
Recurring dislocating patellae, chondromalacia, PFS, LR Jan 2000, LR Mar 2000, bilateral Fulkersons w/medial patellar tendon transplants 2005, RSD, hypersensitivity, stress fracture, loose bone fragment from fulkerson 2006, rotatory instability, acl defieciency

kiddthekatt

Re: Yay! Some good news
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 01:14:35 PM »
Congrats Angie! Sounds like things are going to get better for you.

Angel

Offline chrystee

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Yay! Some good news
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 06:34:07 PM »
 :)  Yipppeee! I am glad you got some good news! That brightened your day I am sure!

support