Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Pain from knee to ankle after basketball injury..  (Read 617 times)

Offline alex2004

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Pain from knee to ankle after basketball injury..
« on: June 13, 2007, 02:45:48 AM »
So..I had a basketball game, in this game i went up for a layup and got shoved in the air, when i landed i managed to plant my right foot, but right when i did that, a girl from the other team managed to hit(kick) the lateral side of my lower leg causing horrible pain in that area. Later that night when i got home my knee felt really unstable and the pain was beginning to go from the knee to the ankle instead of just the area where i got kicked. Do you have any idea of what this may be... This happened 2 weeks ago and it still hurts, some days more than others, i had another basketball game last week in which i played, but if i landed with all of my weight in that leg, sometimes it gave out, and other times it was just horrible pain in the whole leg. Normally after i play, i have a hard time putting a lot of pressure on that leg, hence why im not playing very much. Somenights it doesnt hurt at all, while other night i can barely sleep becasue the pain is soo bad. I am making a doctors appt, sometime soon, if you have any idea of what this may be, please message me back. Thanks
right knee - lateral release in 2004

left knee - small meniscus tear and patellar cartilage tear. Had surgery in 2005 where it all got fixed and had a lateral release. Knee hurts more now that it did before surgery, chondromalacia.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Pain from knee to ankle after basketball injury..
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 06:23:39 AM »
Sounds like some ligament injury if you are unstable.Could be just strained but also worse. Try RICE now and call and make an appointment ASAP.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
Re: Pain from knee to ankle after basketball injury..
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 03:09:29 PM »
Horrible pain means you need to see a doctor ASAP and stop playing your sport. Every time your knee gives out you are doing more and more damage.

support