Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: R knee popping in and out of joint  (Read 924 times)

Offline yogibear2b

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
R knee popping in and out of joint
« on: June 12, 2007, 05:42:35 PM »
I stepped up to get into a SUV and my knee  popped out of joint :o.It took a few minutes before I could put weight on it.It happened about 6 more times over the weekend.I have had meniscal tears repaired on both knees.Went to ortho yesterday.The PA thought that I had aggrevated my OA and gave me a shot.I am already on 60mg prednisone daily for something else.He said that if I still have pain to come back in two weeks he'll order a MRI.
 Will aggrivated OA make my knee unstable ?I told him it didn't feel like QA pain but he seemed to think that was it.I'm going to start decreasing the prednisone dose this week and am concerned about how that will affect everything.And my knee is still popping out of joint.
 Do I need to call Ortho back now?I don't know if it could be damaging to my knee to wait the 2 weeks before I call back.
                                                                                                                                           Thanks

Offline chrystee

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: R knee popping in and out of joint
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 06:27:46 PM »
Wish I had some suggestions for you! Hope it feels better soon and you get some answers.

Offline shortyclairebear

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »
hi there!
i would definatley go an see someone sooner then 2 weeks time,i would hate to think that there is something else going on in there that may get worse if left for 2 weeks.
pls let me know how you get on!!
i had a motorcycle accident-landed on right knee!(mar 05)
...arthroscopy - 4th feb 06.
...VMO Advancement,LR+JMedial reefing - 24th jan 07.
...28 feb 07 i fell down 14 stairs.....more pain and stress!
...now at PT working on ROM and strenghening

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 09:04:16 AM »
sorry to hear about your knee problems - i would see someone before the 2 weeks if possible - you may have done some damage inside that is not going to get any better if left alone...
1986 - recurrent dislocations of right patella began
1988 - Modified Hauser Procedure
1991 - dislocations started again
2005 to 2007 - 150 dislocations in 2 years - OUCH!!!
June 2007 - new OS, new physio
Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Mar 2008 - big quads, still dislocating
Apr 2008 - next OS app

Offline yogibear2b

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 04:13:18 PM »
Thanks for all the good wishes.I go back to the orthopaedic tomorrow but got a peek at my mri report today.It says that there is ill-defintion of ACL fibers, especially when compared to previous exam,suggesting an ACL tear, possibly chronic.It also says that there's a new vertically oriented tear body and posterior horn medial meniscus.I also have some moderate effusion.
 Should be a fun visit tomorrow. ;D