Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Bursitis of the knee, please help  (Read 613 times)

Offline Sobriquet

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Bursitis of the knee, please help
« on: June 01, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »
Iíve had this condition for 2 monthís now and it isnít clearing up!
I believe I have a ruptured or inflamed suprapatellar bursa, which Iím resting as much as possible. But when the swelling (I would describe as water on the knee) goes down and strength returns to the knee. I feel I should be doing a bit more than just hobbling about on it at home, so I go for a short walk. The swelling returns and the joint is restricted again. I just feel like I take 3 steps forward 2 steps back. :(
I did see my GP but he diagnosed inflammation of the tendons and recommended physio therapy on the NHS and wonít be seen until 8-9 weeks time. I can go private but I just donít think it would be a good idea at the moment if my knee swells up after a short walk.
My quadracep muscle is deteriorating through lack of use and feel I canít do anything about that until my knee joint stops swelling up.
Iím currently taking ibuprofen to reduce the swelling.

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 206
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: Bursitis of the knee, please help
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 01:55:29 PM »
Hi

Read your today`s post - Your knee is a very important limb, quite frankly a Consultant`s opinion is very important - might cost you £150, but worthwhile.

Best wishes

JohnK/ Manchester UK
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

Offline Sobriquet

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Bursitis of the knee, please help
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 11:35:55 PM »
Hi John

Thanks for the reply. Thankfully my knee is looking/feeling really good through rest. I now believe I had torn the snovial membrane of the knee and not bursitis. So it appears the membrane has healed but the knee is still sore but I suspect that is through lack of use so I'm due to see the physio next week. I'm feeling very positive  ;D