Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: stretching, physio and excersise  (Read 875 times)

Offline randyandy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
stretching, physio and excersise
« on: June 04, 2007, 04:33:54 PM »
   I have had a swollen left knee for a couple of weeks with pain when bending the knee which is difficult and I can't put weight on it. I have not knowingly injured the knee which flared up overnight. I went to the local a and e and the quack told me it was probably a muscle tear. There is localised pain above the knee in the quad area and the swelling creates the restrictiveness in the rest of the knee with pain resulting from bending the knee too far. The quack told me to take iboprofen which would settle it down. I have done and it hasn't Would gentle stretching and bending of the knee help or cause further injury and what self help methods of physio would you reccomend for this type of problem. I am a self employed driiver and I am unable to work at the moment and I am despertae to get back. I am in spain for a weeks sun next week and I hope this may help but I really do need to get back to work..bills to pay!!

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: stretching, physio and excersise
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:40:33 PM »
I would get a second opinion on this knee. If you haven't had any injury and he/she suspects a muscle tear. Sounds very odd.
To tear a muscle you should have some kind of injury or at least a overuseinjury.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 213
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 08:54:56 AM »
Hi

No question about it - DONT DELAY - get a second opinion and a referral to an Orthopaedic Consultant - your knee is a very valuable limb.

Best wishes

JohnK/ Manchester UK
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

Offline randyandy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 04:41:42 PM »
   Saw a physio today who was of the opinion it was a torn quad muscle, anyway I am following a programme of physio done by hime which involves wearing knee support, ice packs and heat for 20 mins every 2 hours, massage,raised leg when resting and iboprofen and i hope this does the trick and I'm okay for my hols next week.thanks to you for taking the trouble to reply and if there is anything else you can add to what the physio has said I would welcome your comments.thanks again :)

support