Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Has anyone has MPFL Reconstruction with gracilis???  (Read 749 times)

Offline lynneM

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Has anyone has MPFL Reconstruction with gracilis???
« on: June 03, 2007, 04:17:21 PM »
Hi

I have just had this done - but I have had to travel to get in done as it wasnt available in my area. I am having physio through my local hospital but none of the physio's fully understood the procedure and asked me to explain it to them! This doesnt impact to badly on the physio as the surgeon has sent a 6 week program of physio -  by the end of this I will been to see him again.

I am just wondering if anyone has had this done and could tell me a little about the rehab and how it went. I am generally not in pain but on the medial ligament - about the same level as the lower edge of the patella - I pressume where they did the graft? --- pain is bad with any slight twist or lateral movement. Additionally - I am wondering how long it takes for the feeling of tightness when flexing the knee to go or ease.
Did you get sull strength back into your quads - I couldn't do even shallow squats before - without falling over.

Any insight much appreciated - and if anyone else has been under Dr Simon Donnell at Norwich I will be interested to now how it went.

Thanks

Lynne
October 2006 Arthroscopy & Patella Scrape
May 2007 MPFR & Gracilis
March 2010 TTT & LR