Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Any BACKPACKERS in here?  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Scout

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
    • Pamela
Re: Any BACKPACKERS in here?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 09:08:20 AM »
Had a steroidal flare that felt as if someone was stabbing me with little ice picks, you know the ones that bartenders use?  Yeah, those.  It happened outside of the 24 hour period.  That lasted for about 36 hours.  The shot was last Tuesday morning and it is Monday morning and my knee is feeling much better now, I can even stand easier.  Hopefully this is the beginning of healing.

Offline Scout

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
    • Pamela
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 09:01:57 PM »
My knee is feeling even better.  To be sure I have had a few rough days, I think I have overdone it in housework, and grocery shopping without the little go-cart was a big mistake.  But all in all I'm a long way from where I began.  In three hours though I will be getting my first Synvisc shot, I sure hope that goes well, but I am going to ask for a small prescription of Lortab to take home just in case.

I am a little nervous.

Offline Scout

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
    • Pamela
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 12:15:48 PM »
I got the Synvisc shot around 3:30 today.  He sprayed it numb first, man oh man the stuff is COLD.  After that, he said he was going to give me a shot to numb it. (how scary is this?  I need a spray and a numbing shot?!!!  ok, NOW I AM nervous!).  The shot was Markaine, man that STUNG.  Gee whizzes, and then you can literally feel your knee filling up, kinda like someone jacking your kneecap up, I can hear it now, don't you hear the mechanics?, "wraa-chik  wraa-chik  wraa-chik  wraa-chik, ok Mrs Kelly, let's take a look at this, zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  oh yes, you've definetly worn this down, we're going to have to replace these all together.  What were you doing?!  Do you ever take your foot off of the gas?  And you know, you gotta find'em, don't grind'em!  Have you got your checkbook with you today?  Let me talk with my manager and see if we can get you some kind of deal".

After the Markaine shot, I barely felt the synvisc go in at all.  I'm a little sore at the injection site, nothing I can't handle.  Weird thing is, I got a big headache right away afterwards.  I wonder what's up with that.

Offline Scout

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
    • Pamela
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 06:51:53 AM »
Knee is feeling pretty doggone good!

Offline Scout

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
    • Pamela
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 08:58:37 AM »
I had waited long enough to hear back about my next Synvisc appt and I finally called my doctor back.  The insurance company won't cover it.  Anyone ever run into this problem?  They say that Synvisc is experimental and they won't pay for it.  I am guessing they mean experimental in my case, (chondromalcia patella).

If anyone has run into this problem and knows how to speak to insurance people, to get them to see things differently, please let me know!

support