Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Something New on the "other knee" please read !!!  (Read 1075 times)

Offline nichole

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Something New on the "other knee" please read !!!
« on: June 02, 2007, 12:01:35 AM »
OK most of my knee probs are on my right knee . NOW my left knee hurts pretty bad too .No idea what I did to it . It is the anterior medial aspect og my kneecap feels like something is inside it it is very sore and stiff I have NO IDEA on as to how this happened .It only hurts when I get up from a sitting position and pn killers are not helping I don't want to go to the ER because then I will just feel stupid I have RICE'd it and sat in the hot tub to try an loosen up whatever it is inside any ideas on what this could be it has been 3 days now and I can not take it any more  . PLEASE HELP Thanks Nichole
torn miniscus 02'03
tons of cortizone inj
patella femoral realignment 02-24-06
28 yo f mom srudent

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Something New on the "other knee" please read !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 07:23:45 AM »
If you have problems with your other knee, probably can be some overuse history, unless you haven't been out for accident.
If you have time for RICE, try that for some more days and be sure you do that. A overuse injury take a lot of time to heal.
If you not start to feel better soon go see  your GP or call your OS. A&E is not for problems like this.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
Re: Something New on the "other knee" please read !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 03:43:29 PM »
I'm not sure if you're in the UK or the US but I agree with Nettan please don't go to the ER for this. It's not an emergency. If it persists just make an appointment with your OS and have it checked out. Overuse is pretty common in your "good knee" after an injury.

support