Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I HATE MY KNEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1323 times)

Offline amy1

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
I HATE MY KNEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: May 27, 2007, 04:59:53 PM »
I have tricompartmental grade 3-4 arthritis, patella alta, severe tracking problems and chronic subluxations.

Lately, the "arthritic pain has been pretty manageable and I have been making it through work without any major problems. Of course steps and going sitting to standing is not a lot of fun, but I am used to that by now.  Since my proximal realignment (6 months ago) the pain on either side of knee and pain and spasms above the knee had improved.  However, over the past month, three times when just sitting on the couch, I moved my leg and heard a very loud pop.  At the same time, I got a major shooting pain throughout my knee.  Now my knee is one again swollen and aches.  I am back to wearing my knee brace.  Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
6/2004 partial lateral meniscus removal and microfracture left knee
7/13/05  open lateral release, medial plication, spur removal right knee
12/06  re do proximal realignment right knee (scar tissue formed ) 5 days post op - fell and fractured elbow
08/2009 - feeling good so far work 50 hrs a week

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: I HATE MY KNEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 06:09:50 PM »
Have you had any problems with scar tissue ? Just thinking of something like that breaking up and irritating your knee.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 06:26:36 PM by Nettan »
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline amy1

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 12:18:20 AM »
I didn't have any scar tissue issues.  In fact, I regained my pre surgery range of motion pretty quickly.  I had a lateral release and medial plication.  When the surgery was done, the surgeon said that he was hoping that it would allow me to stall off on a TKR for six or seven years. I am afraid that the lateral release portion is starting to scar over and is pulling the knee cap laterally again.  I guess that I will contact the surgeon.
12/06  re do proximal realignment right knee (scar tissue formed ) 5 days post op - fell and fractured elbow

Offline cynthiab4

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 03:16:54 AM »
Hey there I also had a similar issue after my lr.  I know what you mean about the popping.  Have  you tried taping the knee?? That seemed to help me before and after my surgery. I woul ask your os about the popping to. I think it has somehting to do with the tightness after the surgery.  Anyway thought I would let you know i had the same feeling too. Good luck

Offline amy1

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 03:24:25 AM »
My OS feels that the popping is due to the fact that I am bone on bone.  Even though the kneecap is in better position than before the surgery, there is still very little cartlidge left and the knee still wants to slide.  I have been wearing my knee brace to work the past few days.  It does help with the pain.  I guess that I am facing a TKR when I just can't deal with these flare ups

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 05:46:51 AM »
Good to hear that the brace helps with pain at least. Not easy when running out of solutions. Hope though the knee settles down a bit.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support