Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MRI Results  (Read 782 times)

Offline jbksmomma

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
MRI Results
« on: May 24, 2007, 06:20:24 PM »
Well I got my mri results and was wondering what all this meant: 

Technique: Sagittal proton density. Sagittal FSE T2 with fat saturation. Coronal FSE T2, T1W seqences Axial FSE T2W sequences

Findings: There is a large cystic structure measuring 10 x 4mm within the peripheral aspect of the posterior horn of the medial of the meniscus. It extends medially into the body of the meniscus as well. The anterior horn appears unremarkable. The lateral menicus is unremarkable as well.

The osseous structures are unremarkable for fracture or bone contusion. Cartilaginous surfaces appear normal. Hoffa's fat pad appears normal as well. No joint effusion.

The anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments are normal. The medial collateral ligament and lateral collateral ligaments are intact. The structures of the posterior lateral corner are unremarkable.

This was done Dec 04, since then it has gotten bigger or there are 2 there. I go tomorrow to a diff OS to get another opinion and because its causing alot of problems.

thanks, angela

Cyst and 2 tears in meniscus 6/07
OS has no more ideas refered to Pain management 7/07

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
Re: MRI Results
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 06:54:49 PM »
I am radiologist or doc, but it sounds to me like a cyst of some kind.  It does sound as if the ligaments and other cartilage maybe fine.  Post what the new OS says.

'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline jbksmomma

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 07:10:04 PM »
Alright well I went to a new OS today and he is scheduling my arthroscopy surgery im a little nervous about this so can someone with experience please give me details on what to expect?

Thanks,
Angela
Cyst and 2 tears in meniscus 6/07
OS has no more ideas refered to Pain management 7/07

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 01:32:04 PM »
Sure can, but first I need to clarify my first post. 

I am radiologist or doc, but it sounds to me like a cyst of some kind. It does sound as if the ligaments and other cartilage maybe fine. Post what the new OS says.

I ment to say I am not either of those things.  Anyhow....

If it is a simple scope it really is not so bad.  I have had two scopes to just scrape of the rough parts of cartilage and so the doc could look around and see what the problem might be.  I was off work for about a week for the last one and could walk around with one crutch after a couple of weeks.  I might have been able to do so sooner, but I was a chicken.  I also had two lateral release surgeries via the scope.  They were not so much fun, much more pain and incapacilty.  I think it took me 6 months or more for my knee to feel right after those.  So how you will feel will depend alot on what they do once they get in there.  Hopefully it won't be too bad for you.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.