Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Angel's post op Diary, PKR 2nd time on same knee  (Read 47523 times)

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
Re: Angel's post op Diary, PKR 2nd time on same knee
« Reply #360 on: February 12, 2008, 07:21:54 PM »
Hi Angel - just wondering how you are doing.  Hope all is well.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

kiddthekatt

« Reply #361 on: February 14, 2008, 02:13:42 AM »
Milly;
  Hi yourself. I'm still haviing those stupid knee problems, but I expect I'm going to have them for a long time to come. I had an appointment tomorrow with a new OS, but they called and canceled because he had an emergency surgery tomorrow. So, now I have to re-schedule. :'( Story of my life. The knee is still troublesome, and I have some scar tissue problems, but all in all, I guess I can't complain.
   How are you doing? The knees ease down? Sorry I don't come in here much any more. But after I had that PM from the miss goody two shoes, I kinda just stay in the hen house mainly, safer I guess.
  Take care of you ok?

XX
Angel

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #362 on: February 14, 2008, 03:24:39 PM »
Hi Angel - I know how you feel, sometimes it's just better to be with friends.  The knee is trashed today.  I've been on it way too much. Monday my husband went by ambulance to the ER and was put on a ventilator.  He has very bad pneumonia.  He was grey Monday morning.  He is out of ICU and in a regular room as of last night, but still pretty sick.  Scared the heck out of everyone.  At least he's back to the right color now.  He thinks he's going home tomorrow and having a smoke.  HAH!  Anyway,  I hope you can reschedule your appointment soon.  Now that things have calmed down a bit, I think I can get the knee propped up with some ice later tonight.  My feet aren't too happy either.  It's really not good to stand around for 6 plus hours in a pair of snow boots!  I hope they forgive me soon!  ;)  Take care.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

kiddthekatt

« Reply #363 on: February 17, 2008, 12:30:48 AM »
Milly;
   Good Lord kiddo, you've had your share of getting the hell scared out of you also huh? How is he doing now? The way ths stupid weather has been changing over and over, it's a damned wonder more people aren't laid up in the hospital with pneumonia, I swear it's been horrible. I know what you mean about knees and hospitals, especially if you're not the patient. How is work treating you? You have to do what you have to do, but please try to take care of you.
   My new appointment is scheduled for the 26th, same day I see my pain doc. Guess it'll be an all day doctor day, oh joy ;D I hope you can get some rest soon. Let me know how he is, ok?

Prayers and hugs sent your way.

XX
Angel

kiddthekatt

« Reply #364 on: February 21, 2008, 04:51:25 PM »
Hi all;
  It's been a while since I've been here, but I wanted to say hi and post a couple of photos of my beautiful knee work. The first 2 are of the PKR after the revision, you can see how crooked the unit is and how much bone he cut off of the tibia, too much it seems. The 3rd is of the TKR. The knee itself is stable, but still giving me some problems. I'll know more after the new os appointment this afternoon.

Take care;
Angel

Offline TIBBAR

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • Keep em Guessing?????????????
« Reply #365 on: February 21, 2008, 07:40:29 PM »
GEE ANGEL YOU HAVE HOT LEGS ;D ;D ;D ;D
          FROSTY ( CARO.)

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #366 on: February 21, 2008, 08:30:57 PM »
Hi Angel,

Nice pics of the legs! I tried to post from home yesterday?  My Internet decieded to poop out just as I hit post.  Anyway, my husband is home and is like himself again.  Work has been very good to me with time off and everything.  I think the knee is a bit better after lots of ice and rest (some motrin too).  It's not happy with the sub zero weather, but it's always hated that.  Things are starting to get back to normal, but we've had to explain to him many times why we are still a bit upset and shaken.  He got to be sedated for 2-3 days and missed all the fun.  So he can't see why it's such a big deal.  Got to go to back to work.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline chaos

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #367 on: February 21, 2008, 09:31:02 PM »
hey girl.  i am going to start calling you hot legs.  thanks for the race pic's.  it took my mnd off other stuff.  so glad you are back. love your humor.

Allison
beauty always comes from within.  the outside doesn't matter.

kiddthekatt

« Reply #368 on: February 22, 2008, 12:36:20 AM »
Hello everyone;
    Ok, I saw the new OS and he was actually pleased with the structure of the unit. He said that the new xrays show that the knee is stable, and looks good. But i do have some scar tissue that he is going to take out. I have to go back tomorrow with Big Dave and he is going to talk to the both of us. That made me happy also. He is a very nice and straight forward surgeon. He told me also that had the first surgeon done what he was supposed to do in the first place, I wouldn't be in his office today. So, things went really good and I'm ready to get this over with.
   As for the legs, lolol..if I can just get the damn things to work, I'll be happy ;D ;D

Allison;
    Good luck tomorrow.

Take care.
Angel

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #369 on: February 22, 2008, 12:51:34 AM »
Hey Angel - hope that once the scar tissue is resolved you can finally get the knee back to some working order, and not so much pain.  I'm glad the new OS seems to be working out.  I'm holding off myself on a different OS, there has just been too much excitement at home lately.  I don't think I could do another surgery or round of PT right now.  I see my original OS in mid March, so I think I'll just write down my questions and go from there.  At least it has calmed down from all the running around last week.  Take care and let us know what happens for you.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Gary064

« Reply #370 on: February 22, 2008, 01:03:57 PM »
Hi Angel,
           Good news for you then! you will be hopping around in no time. There are times when we think these knee's will never improve, but they do in time. Its good you have an OS that cares, that makes all the difference.

Hugs

Gary

support